Energy Transfer Partners is a master limited partnership that owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States. In total, the Company owns and operates approximately 62,500 miles of natural gas, crude oil, refined products, and natural gas liquids pipelines, terminals, and acquisition and marketing assets which are used to facilitate the purchase and sale of crude oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids, and refined products.
- Support and maintain the Process Control / Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to insure uninterrupted 24 x 7 terminal operation.
- Design, develop, document, coordinate and implement changes to the Control system to support terminal operations and engineering projects.
- Responsible for building the Process Control / SCADA data bases to acquire data from remote PLC locations within the plant and work with Control Center personnel to design and implement graphic displays to support terminal operation.
- Work with field technicians to support and troubleshoot new instrumentation being added to the terminal and the Process Control System.
- Assist field technicians in configuring, maintaining and testing new network equipment on the Process Control network.
- Investigate, evaluate and recommend hardware, software, or service required to repair, replace, enhance, update or improve the Process Control / SCADA environment.
- Must work closely with terminal operations and technical personnel on a daily basis and respond to their urgent system needs.
- Create scripts, reports and troubleshooting tools using VB.Net and SQL queries.
- Update software and software configurations as needed to maintain system integrity.
- Participate in all phases of the new Process Control System implementation including data conversion, field commissioning, parallel testing, P2P checkouts and cutover to production operation.
- Coordinate with vendors for product support. Responsible for writing documentation as needed to support job functions.
- BS degree in Engineering or Computer Science including 5 years’ experience, or an Associates Degree in Instrumentation or Controls Technology and 8 years’ experience.
- Experience with Honeywell DCS, Delta V, Rockwell PlantPax DCS, Allen Bradley PLC’s, or SCADA Systems
- Knowledge of process control network architecture including servers, routers, IP addressing, etc.
- The individual must be detail-oriented with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and be willing to learn.
- Knowledge of file structures, data structures, graphics editors and programming languages is required.
- Experience working with the Windows operating system and system administration.
- Must possess DCS / PLC programming experience.
- The individual must possess strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to follow controlled procedures, adhere to database and display standards and change management procedures.
- Must be able to take direction and work in a team environment.
Preferred Skills or Experience:
- An understanding DCS / PLC protocols such as Modbus, CIP, DF1, PCCC, preferred.
- Software development experience, preferably in the .Net environment, and experience working with SQL Server, Visual Basic, Visual C++, and Visual Source Safe is highly desirable.
- An understanding of the OaSyS DNA 7.4 SCADA application
Tracking Code 7655-323