Tracking Code13513Job Description
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,400 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #67 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT's Richmond Office is looking for a Party Chief to perform as the lead surveyor on a field survey crew and is responsible for the overall completion of the field survey phase of specific projects.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Participates in pre-survey planning meetings with project managers, engineers, and contractor representatives
- Assigns and monitors work, and provides input for evaluation of members of field survey crew
- Manages, Instructs and trains survey crew in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and field safety procedures
- Completes project specific daily log sheets, maintains detailed survey field notes and sketches
- Provides time estimates for specific tasks
- Performs complex surveying calculations using calculator, computer, and coordinate geometry software such as AutoCAD
- Advanced knowledge of coordinate geometry and math functions
- Knowledge of all positions on the Survey crew and capability to utilize all equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in a surveying
- Experiencewith Total Stations and data collectors, preferably TDS, Carlson & Trimble, Static andnetworkGPS knowledge is a must
- Experienceworking with local clients at the county and state level, out of town travel as required.