ECS is currently seeking a Software Engineer to assist the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center (DLIFLC) to provide online language courses. Computer Programmer is expected to create and modify computer programs by converting project requirements into code. This position requires a highly motivated individual with initiative.
This is a full-time positions. Relocation expenses will not be provided.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions
- Meet with clients, otherprogrammers, designers, directors, and other staff to review deadlines and development timelines
- Works with a broad array of stakeholders to contribute to the development of educationally sound courses
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited college or university and/or Experience
- Five years of intensive and progressive experience in programming
- Experience with accredited higher education institutions, specifically with producing or maintaining information systems, grading, student progress, registrar, student progress, assessment standards, and graduation standards
- Ability to program in the following computer languages: .NET, JAVA, SQL, Linux, MySQL, VDX, IIS, Tomcat, Apache, iOS
- Deep understanding of SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Common Access Card
- US Citizen
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of course development and educational methodology for adult military learners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, attention to detail, strong organizational skills, computer proficiency, and the ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- CAC/Government Access Card Required