This position is accountable for providing leadership and business analysis consulting to IT managers, Agile teams, stakeholders, product owners and business owners for large, complex initiatives and day-to-day support. The incumbent performs needs assessments, feasibility analyses, and requirements gathering, and prepares basic cost/benefit analyses. S/he negotiates agreement and commitment byfacilitating communication between business units and IT from initial gathering of requirements through implementation. S/he provides business analysis leadership in the planning and execution of process and technology initiatives. S/he identifies process improvement opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for completing sprint commitments
- Provide leadership to assigned initiatives that are broad in scope or deep in complexity as part ofa development team utilizing Agile practices.
- Work collaboratively with business resources, IT, and business analysts, striving for continuous improvement and delivery.
- Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses and perceived and unperceived needs, and identify improvement opportunities in the three areas of people, process, and technology. Balance all three and ensure each is optimized appropriately in conjunction with theothers.
- Exercise initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to business issues and problems.
- Consult with key stakeholders in understanding the impact of process or technology changes, evaluate alternatives, and design solutions.
- Assist the product owner and team by guiding and creating of user stories, features and acceptance
- Participate in vendor communications, negotiations and contract development. Share responsibility for business results.
- Effectively utilize Agile practices and the Solution Development Lifecycle to deliver sprint commitments and Feature and Epic goals.
- Use technical concepts and techniques such as business process modeling, context diagrams, use cases, and state transition diagrams to scope, communicate, and document user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Oversee the effective and efficient use of technology to support business process modeling, thedevelopment and maintenance of business rules, and documentation as defined by business process, system, and product owners.
- Maintain awareness of ongoing development and maintenance activities.
- Work with staff to coordinate the quality assurance phases of test planning, testing, defect resolution, and test tracking. Help ensure software meets or exceeds specified needs
- Provide coaching, and guidance to business analysis and testing in support of sprint commitments
- Work with training staff to coordinate business system training and maintain business system documentation. Help ensure system training occurs in coordination with related process or people training.
- Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or trade-off in related professional work experience.
- 5+ Years of related work experience
- 3 years of recent related work experience in Scrum/Kanban, Project Delivery, business analysis, process design or technology development
- Demonstrated ability to effectively create and guide others to create user stories, features and acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Solution Development Lifecycle
- Ability to work on a development team and step outside of typical job duties to help the team complete Sprint or Kanban commitments.
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts, including software development and design and business process modeling, and ability to understand mathematical formulas and complex algorithms.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated planning and facilitation skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically, tactfully, and effectively, both verbally and in writing, including presentation and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team-building, and coaching skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to create alliances and establish and contribute to a high degree of teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and ethically navigate organizational dynamics and company culture so as to produce business and project results by influencing key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge, influence, and persuade, directing a group of stakeholders tothe best decision
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.