At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Rogers is seeking a Network and Security Solutions Architect to provide consulting services to customers and contribute network and security expertise to our customer-facing business solutions. The Network and Security Solutions Architect will work with customers to address requirements for factors such as risk mitigation, redundancy, performance management and quality of service. The Network and Security Solutions Architect will design and implement the network and/or security components of customer solutions centred on the adoption of Enterprise Networks, Wi-Fi, Unified Communications, and Data Centre & Cloud. Each engagement differs in scope, complexity, and duration and therefore the Network and Security Solutions Architect must quickly assess a client, adapt to the work environment, and formulate a strategy to proceed.
This is a senior role responsible for providing direction to our customers regarding governance, technology processes, selection, design, planning and budgeting.
What you will be doing:
- Identify, design, and document network and security initiatives in support of Enterprise Network, Wi-Fi, Unified Communications, and Data Centre & Cloud solutions
- Act as technical interface between customers, partners, and internal networking and security resources
- Conduct strategic reviews of customer’s existing network and securityinvestments
- Develop technology strategies, plans and roadmaps to address customers' business challenges
- Prepare and develop recommendation reports and presentations
- Develop new approaches and concepts within your area of expertise
- Identify new business opportunities and specific areas of expertise to be developed
- Work with project teams to scope project opportunities
- Provide thought leadership specific areas of expertise by contributing content to the marketing team, speaking engagements, community events, etc.
What you bring:
- 7+ years’ experience in a technology role with exposure to varying IT solutions and technologies
- 5+ years’ experience in a network or securityarchitecture role within a complex environment
- Experience in designing, deploying and maintaining complex network and securityarchitectures
- Experience in IT risk assessment and mitigation
- Working knowledge of industry-specific compliance regulations and practices across industries such as retail, financial, healthcare and government
- Expertise in LAN, WAN, and Wireless technologies and architectures
- Experience with Software-Defined Networking (SDN) an asset
- Experienceapplying relevant methodologies and frameworks (TOGAF, ITIL) an asset
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer or ElectricalEngineering or equivalent required, Masters’ degree an asset
- Industry recognized certifications in networktechnologies (such as CCDE, CCDP, CCDA, CCNP, CCIE)
- Industry recognized certifications in IT security (such as CISSP, CCNP/CCIE Security)
- Certification in ITIL and TOGAF preferred
- Technical leadership; ability to act as a subject-matter expert
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative and Customer-centric focused
- Sound judgment and decision making
- Bilingual in English & Frenchpreferred
Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position) Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON Travel Requirements: Up to 10% Posting Category/Function: Sales & Professional Services Requisition ID: 109557