Analyst In Business Operations, Scheduling and Finance
ANALYST IN BUSINESS OPERATIONS, SCHEDULING AND FINANCE
AT AEGIS TECHNOLOGIES
Date Posted: 10/15/2017APPLYNot ready to Apply?
What do you get when you bring together the brightest minds and place them into an exciting, fast-paced environment that fosters intellectual growth and rewards based on impact, not tenure?
You get one of the best privately held small business headquartered in Huntsville, Alabama, that provides advancedtechnology and expert consulting services to industries throughout the world. AEgis specializes in modeling & simulation (M&S) and micro/nanoscale technology development. Our core competencies include simulation software and training simulators; geospatial databases; 3D models; war fighter exercise support; systems engineering and analysis; verification, validation, and accreditation (VV&A); test and evaluation support; Hardware-in-the-Loop (HWIL) and Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) simulation. AEgis' Nanogenesis Division excels in advancing cutting edge micro and nanoscale technologies from concept todeployment with applications ranging from defense to energy to biotechnology.
Primarily supports the Director of Modeling and Simulation Integration and Execution (a DoD Government customer) with: program performance measurement, analysis and reporting; schedule development and analysis; and, financial tool development and maintenance for financial Execution Review (ER) data reporting and analysis. Defines, structures, analyzes, proposes, and implements effective program performance improvement initiatives. Develops methods and tools that integrate diverse information types, streamline information flow, and improve data visualization and reporting techniques. Designs, develops, and maintains Modeling and Simulation integrated master schedule (IMS). Identifies process improvements and workforce efficiencies to improve the program\u2019s effectiveness and cost savings within the Missile Defense Agency. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and track key program metrics and indicators and report regularly to program leadership
- Analyze and recommend business case solutions and improvements to program leadership for near-term and long-term planning initiatives
- Innovate to develop new methods and tools that supportimmediate customer requirements and enhance business and information capabilities over the long term
- Translate complex technical information into widely understood language to support decision-making
- Perform research and analysis on a wide range of strategic initiatives for Modeling and Simulation development, integration, and execution
- Provide a variety of services ranging from day-to-day support, maintenance, design, development, and troubleshooting to improve, advance, or simplify programbusiness processes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships withinternal and external stakeholders at all levels of workforce management
- Support the development and maintenance of a multi-organizational Modeling and Simulation integrated master schedule (IMS)
- Design, develop and maintain detailed schedules and information in Microsoft (MS) Project
- Support formulation of long and short range schedule change proposal submissions
- Assist technical groups in gathering requirements and generating schedule and information/data inputs
- Report to and advise management and engineers onschedule risks and trade space
- Research and analyze tasks, dependencies, and resources for tactical and strategic planning initiatives
- Establish automated environments, VBA macros and process improvements to synchronize the program's schedule, cost, and resource plans and estimates
- Develop and maintain financial data files, tools and reportsfor program execution reviews, requirements tracking, cost estimating, and budget management
- Interpret and analyze financial data and provide estimates, forecasts, risks and recommendations to programleadership
- Design and maintain financial and program performance reports to include summary dashboards, quick looks, and interactive and dynamic graphs and tables
- 30 days: Be familiar with program scope, its history and current strategic planning efforts. Identify core business and engineering processes within each 3-letter office and its relationship within the broader M&S community. Participate in financial, engineering, and strategic planning workinggroups.
- 60 days: Identify data types, sources, collection methods, and points of contact (POC) within the development and integration environments. Understand program mission and trade space for projects and priorities. Be able to identify problem space, inefficiencies, and disconnects within program functions and operations.
- 90 days: Begin the development of data models, statistical models, dashboards, tools, and reports for monitoring program health and analyzing trend, cost/benefit, risk, forecasts and overall program performance. Be able tomodel and analyze existing processes and provide data-supported recommendations to government customer for improvements and changes.
-- MA/MS with 10+ years of experience (or BA/BS with 15+ years of experience) in Data Analytics, Scheduling, Financial Management, Economics or other relevant field
-- Secret security clearance that has been active within the last 2 years
-- Must be a US citizen
-- Strong experience with MS Office suite, particularly MSExcel and MS Project (2013 or later)
-- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
-- Must communicate effectively with leadership and team members
-- Must be able to adapt to a changing environment
-- Experience developing and manipulating relational data tables and Pivot tables
-- Demonstrated project management skills including scheduling, budget management, and cost estimating
-- Experience working with a mix of engineering and business management communities to develop and deploy business analytics solutions
-- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with technical teams tounderstand key processes and deliverables and effectively identify and monitor meaningful metrics and key performance indicators
-- Experience with VBA, SQL and related languages to supportdata integration, analysis, visualization and reporting
-- Demonstrated ability to perform and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
-- Effective written and verbal communication skills
-- Experience developing and presenting written documents, reports, policies, training, and plans to senior and executivelevel leadership
-- Ability to identify and articulate schedule strategies and goals