Atlas Van Lines is comprised of a family of companies that deliver transportation and related services globally through a network of quality agents and select service partners. Atlas is distinguished by agent ownership and a shared commitment to help people go new places more easily and more securely. Through a continuing emphasis on service excellence, the company has achieved extraordinary growth.
Every day we help you go new places®, with expertise in moving and logistics, bringing the world within reach.
Job Overview: Atlas Van Lines is seeking an organized, detail-oriented, and dynamic candidate to join our team! The candidate should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment while providing exceptional customer service to our customers. The Developer's duties include the following:
The incumbent will participate in the creation of technical requirements, design of deliverables concerning customer requirements, and create programming logic and code based on these requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain programming logic and code, documentation, and perform testing on new and updated modules and systems, based on AWG IT standards.
- Take direction from and consult with the lead developer on a regular basis on technical issues.
- Work with clients, business analysts, lead developers, technical staff, and project team members to plan, design, implement, and enhance applications, scripts, and procedures, using formal Project Management and Life Cycle Management procedures.
- Participate in code reviews of ongoing and existing system modules
- Participate in overall System Analysis pertaining to how new and updated modules and system will interact and interface with existing systems.
- Participate in the evaluation of new tools and methodologies as indicated.
- Participate in business process changes to take advantage of new system capabilities and improve productivity.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or Bachelor’s in another field.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Web Development programming in C#.NET or VB.NET.
- Knowledge and skills in SQL (Structured Query Language) – accessing/updating data in SQL Server databases (DB).
- Knows and has used HTML5, XML, WIX, PowerShell, and Bootstrap
- Medical/vision/dental/life insurance; 401K retirement plan; vacation and holiday pay; wellness program; on-site medical clinic; on-site fitness center; training opportunities.