Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing the brand’s business across multiple channels of distribution. Drives revenue growth and achieves profitability objectives within the commercial channel through sales and marketing development and by directing the daily activities of sales representatives within the assigned target accounts.
- Sets sales, product and marketing strategies for long term business development of all customers within multiple channels of distribution.
- Develops seasonal financial performance plans and monitors progress against target revenue and profit goals at retail.
- Directs, monitors, and assists the retailer and sales representatives in achieving sales goals through detailed analysis of sales performance and product performance.
- Creates a customized business model for each account.
- Work with the product team to create customized product for these specific customers.
- Work with merchandising to research “what works” with these retailers and customize assortments.
- Manage retailer sales, inventory and profitability to help maximize both of our businesses.
- Maximize account marketing (e.g. retail presence, Point of Purchase (P.O.P.), promotional events, collateral pieces, etc.) to deliver brand message to both retailers and consumers.
- Proactively develop plans to expand distribution into new accounts
- Works cross-functionally with internal and external teams to gain support for the business.
- Maintains excellent senior relationship with key accounts
- Identify coaching and development opportunities with management to enable to grow and continuous improvement
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of salesexperience in wholesale retail sectors; preferably in footwear. Management experiencepreferred.
- Extremely motivated, a self-starter and able to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Solid understanding of retail math and weekly and seasonal product sales and analytical skills.
- Must be a strong negotiator and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong presentation and excellent written communication skills
- Experience executing a go-to-market strategy
- Ability to motivate and evaluate employee’s performance
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel, and powerpoint)
- Excellent problem solving skills