Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Effective engagement and relationship building skills with key stakeholders (Hospital Leadership, Pediatricians, Nurses, Dietitians, and Materials Management Personnel) in a business-to-businesshealthcare environment.
- Successful hospital negotiation and contracting.
- Thorough understanding of the healthcare hierarchy of hospital departments and community pediatricians with the ability to navigate the decision making process.
- Comprehensive Business and Market Intelligence as well as knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines.
- Ability to deliver clinical and scientific benefits and information in a healthcare environment.
- Function independently with a high degree of initiative, autonomy and flexibility.
- Effective time management, planning & administrative skills discipline.
- Participate in professional and industry conventions, seminars and othereducational events.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired in a science, business, marketing, finance or communications related field.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience selling into and/or working in a hospital institution.
- Must be confident discussing issues with hospital leadership, physicians, nurses, dietitians and other clinical professionals.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company requirements.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must live within 30 miles of the target city; and also be able to travel within territory and to assigned meetings.
- Experience navigating through hospitals in the Term Nursery and NICU areas and/or operational departments (e.g. materials management and/or purchasing) is strongly preferred.
- Salesexperience calling on Health Care Professionals (specifically Pediatric Healthcare Professionals) is strongly preferred.
- MS or MBA degree is preferred.
- Clinical Credentials (RD, RN, IBCLC, CLC or CMR) a plus.
- Pharmaceutical Sales and/or Medical Device Salesexperience is a plus.
- Extensive computer skills and e-detailing is a plus.