Exterran is a global leader in full-service natural gas compression and a premier provider of services and equipment for oil & gas production, processing, treating, transportation and storage.
Exterran Corporation (NYSE: EXTN) is a publicly traded company with about 6,000 dedicated professionals working in about 30 countries. We cover every major oil & gas region of the world and serve the full spectrum of energy clients, from the super majors and National Oil Companies (NOCs) to the independent Exploration & Production and distribution companies. They count on us for fast, expert products and services. And we work hard to deliver.
Exterran Is An Equal Employment Opportunity
Exterran is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the HRD at Accommodation.Requests.NA@Exterran.com
Position Summary: Summary: Provides required information to designers, project managers and customer management during all phases of equipment fabrication from proposal to operation of the equipment. Central responsibility is assisting in the development of a safe and cost effective design for manufacturing that meets the customer's requirements. Works under little to no supervision.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Ensures jobs are engineered and managed properly and drawings/BOM’s are available to internal and external customers according to schedule. Supervises and develops engineer(s) in their section
· Assists application engineer in preparation of proposals, evaluates compressor performance to assure the best machinery application is met. Generates comments and exceptions to technical and commercial specs.
· Obtains and evaluates vendor quotations covering vendor inquiries and preparing lowest evaluated vendor costs.
· Monitors field problems and warranty claims, assesses field recommendations on unit design, and participates in implementing efficient corrections that reduce operational problems.
· Assures timely engineering effort is maintained by performing project engineering functions including vendor inquiry preparation, vendor bid analysis and vendor selection, prepare process and auxiliary system mechanical flow diagrams, selects all hardware for each system including valves, instruments and controls, research vendor catalogs for lowest cost alternatives, selects piping sizes for all systems, prepares ASME code calculations for process pressure vessels, prepares detailed order entry data defining technical and commercial details of each project, construct project bills of material, evaluates customer return drawings for technical and commercial content additions
· Assists field salesman directly.
· Coordinates all aspects of technical content changes during unit design/fabrication and supports project management for revised cost estimate
· Confers with manufacturing and design to prepare design modifications as required.
· Performs research and analyses of data such as application engineering proposal, design specifications, drawings, industry codes and equipment manuals to determine feasibility of design or application of equipment
· Complies with Exterran Engineering Standards
· Performs engineering calculations to size vessels, piping, valves and auxiliary systems to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications
· Ensures project-engineering work is completed accurately and on schedule
· Development of bills of material and shop notes meeting the customer's requirements and the specific requirements of the order in compliance with accepted practices and applicable industry codes
· Coordinates with designers to develop general arrangement and assembly drawings for other departments and the customer. Works with the shop to meet their assembly and shipping requirements for each unit
· Provides regular updates of engineering status, drawings, BOMs
· Trains and mentors other engineers
· Will occasionally travel to customer locations
· Attend technical training as required by the job
· Participation on special projects as assigned
· Perform shop walks to ensure production meets design requirements during fabrication
· Works on packages with all levels of complexity, on and offshore systems using sweet or sour gas, comprehensive customer specification and are of a high profile nature
· Interface with 3rd party inspection firms
· Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in Mechanical Engineering or related field
· Eight to eleven years related experience and/or training
· Experience with packaging design, skid design, ASME - section 8 pressure vessel design
· Knowledge of piping and pipe schedules, flanges and fittings
· Experience with pipe stress analysis
· Knowledge of internal combustion engines, electric motor drives and/or separable compressors is a plus
· Understanding of acoustical theory and torsional vibration analysis
· Experience with inventory control systems
· Standard requirements. Bending, squatting, climbing, stooping, twisting and reaching will all be required occasionally in this position
· Sitting for long periods of time
· Lifting 10 pounds maximum with occasional lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds
· May be required to work at heights of up to 25 feet
Must meet all OSHA regulations and must wear all required PPE when in the shop environment.The Senior level Applic Engineer is responsible for working with the Account Managers, to develop the technical aspects of proposals that respond to customer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Skills or Tools: