This position will report directly to the Network as a Service (NaaS) Project Manager. The Network Engineer will be responsible for DOD network implementation and daily maintenance as their primary task.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a first-responder, interacting directly with users and system administrators to document and address service requests and trouble reports
- Diagnose and resolve common connectivity and network service issues
- Install, configure, and manage network equipment (firewalls, routers, switches, Load Balancers, etc.)
- DHCP system administration (assignment and coordination of network addresses)
- DNS system administration (assignment and coordination of registered hostnames)
- Proficiency in OSI Layer 2-3 environments
- Implement Firewall Policies, Juniper , Fortigate
- McAfee Web Gateway configuration and management (desired)
A prospective candidate for this position will have 5-7 years of experience in technical Information technologyengineering and architecture functions with a strong background in networkinfrastructure, firewall maintenance, and security policies. The ideal candidate will also have a background in networkarchitecture including Juniper, CISCO, InfoBlox, McAfee, Fortigate and F5. Experience in the design, planning and building of data centers with experience in data center consolidation is a plus. Provides internal status reports, enforces quality control of project deliverables, and implements efficient processes and procedures for continuing improvement of the certification and accreditation process.
The ideal candidate is very detail oriented with strong technical knowledge, superior writing skills, and excellent customer relationship management skills. He or she will be responsible for planning, developing, finalizing, and reviewing key deliverables in each stage of the certification and accreditation process. As a result, a strong understanding of standards and requirements outlined by Department of Defense (DOD) Security Technical implementation Guidelines (STIG), NIST, FISMA, and others as required.
The Network Engineer will be actively engaged in identifying unique system characteristics; interviewing key organizational personnel (technical, administrative, and executive); working with business systems to compose requisite documentation (security categorizations, risk assessments, contingency planning, etc.); and mapping complex technical requirements, functionality, and capabilities to prescribed security controls, policies, and practices. The engineer will coordinate and plan all certification and accreditation activities for existing systems and those still in development (SDLC); provide ongoing gap analysis of current policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to established guidelines outlined by DOD STIG, DHS security Certification and Accreditation, and FISMA requirements, etc; work face-to-face with multiple stakeholders through interviewing, planning, or participating in a team effort to bring multiple projects to fruition; conduct in-depth technical reviews of new and existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy and industry guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or IT or equivalent work experience. Familiar with information security practices. Familiar with OSI data communications model.
- CCNA, desired
- Juniper certification/training: JNCIS-SEC highly desired, JNCIA-Junos is acceptable
- Working knowledge of DOD STIG requirements.
- Use of standard office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Outlook.
- LAN/WANinfrastructure design and implementation experience in Juniper, Cisco, InfoBlox, and networksecurity
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective in interfacing with internal and external customers fostering collaboration and establishing strong partnerships and relationships
- Experience in data center design, planning and consolidation of global sites a plus
- Strong understanding of infrastructuretechnology such as server, storage, network and inter-relationship with data center architecture designs and services
- Proficiency with advanced features of Microsoft Word and other Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Excellent technical writing skills in the English language, excellent written and oral communication skills, desktop publication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, set priorities, and give attention to detail and quality, flexible, strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task, ability to work individually and with a team, positive attitude, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy, strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and ability to handle stress in professional manner.
- Security + is required within 3 months of hire date.
Knowledge of the Department of Homeland Security enterprise architecture including security policies, procedures, and guidance. Experience with NIST/NIAP certification and accreditation processes. Experience in the financial services market is beneficial but not required
- Juniper or Fortigate Firewall implementation and maintenance in a DOD environment
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, IT securityarchitecture and design (firewalls, intrusion detection systems, virtual private networking, and virus protection technologies -- behavioral based a plus).
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN design and general internetworking technologies. Hands-on experience.
- Knowledge of various operating systems and hardware.
- Basic programming and database training. The Ideal candidate will possess one or more of the following certifications: CCNA, JNCIA-Junos or JNCIS-SEC.