TheProgrammer Analyst Specialist is a technologically advanced individual with outstanding knowledge of Data Transformation and Data Warehousing trends and best practices. The ideal candidate is able toapply their skills successfully in his/her areas of work. This person will participate in requirements analysis, solutions design, estimation, and development of new projects as well as maintenance and support of existing ones. Primary responsibility will be forHadoop environment within ahealthcaresetting. . In addition, they test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- This person will be expected to work diligently to meet project timelines. From time to time, this person will work with Team Leads and Managers to ensure that the timelines are met and solution is developed as per the architecture. Periodically, this person will be required to work overtime.
- This position requires rotating off-hours (on-call) operations support. This person will be responsible for the timely submission of timesheets.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience using Hadoop / Big Datatechnologies and software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures.
- Experience with monitoring, backup, and disaster recovery of data systems.
- Strong knowledge and skills that support communication protocols and standards for HL7, X12 and XML
- Experience working with technologies in the Big Data eco system.
- Experience working with open source software and platforms.
- Experience working with java, linux, hadoop, hive, and mapReduce.:
- Design, develop and maintain solutions according to the project scope, scalability, portability, and best development practices.
- Authored or maintained technical documentation used for all phases of integration: analysis, design, development, unit testing, integrated testing, go-live support, change control and downtime procedures.
- Strong knowledge of batch processes and configurations involving polling, automation and scheduling
- Ability to successfully apply modifications to existing code base to enhance functionality or improve integrity
- Ability to successfully perform integrated testing and moving the applicable test environment interface components to the production (live) environment adhering to formal change management requirements.
- Fundamental knowledge of networkarchitecture (TCP/IP communication layer), servers, redundancy and clustering
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, logical reasoning, problem solving, verbal, written communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills. This includes consistently providing accurate estimates.
- Must be a self-starter and should be able to initiate and complete assignments with little to no supervision.
- Strong knowledge of various SDLC methodologies and working knowledge of IT Service Lifecycle Framework such as ITIL V3 Foundations.
- 3+ years’ experience with Hadoop / Big datatechnologies
- 3+ years of experience in administering integrated systems
- Familiarity with SQL server queries, stored procedures, triggers experience a plus.
- Healthcare registration, financial, and clinical system experiencepreferred.