Microsoft is empowering every person and every organization on the planet to do more and achieve more. As a company, Microsoft is looking to realize three bold ambitions: to create more personal computing; to reinvent productivity and business processes with better collaboration and new workflows; and to build an intelligent cloud that can accommodate rich data. Microsoft’s partner ecosystem is both a key enabler of these ambitions and a significant growth opportunity for Microsoft.
The One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is a newly formed organization with a charter to accelerate Microsoft’s growth in its cloud-first, mobile-first businesses through our growing partner ecosystem. Within this new organization, the Partner Strategy & Go-to-Market (GTM) team carries the critical responsibility of ensuring that we have the right partners, with the right capabilities that we’re connecting to the right customers, at the right time aligned to key customer solution areas. This has created an immediate opportunity for a Partner Marketing Advisor (PMA), Data and AI.
The PMA is a strategic channel leadership role that aligns business priorities and market opportunity to overall channel capacity and capability while owning and driving GTM plays, integrating partner offerings to drive partner performance across all business models and customer segments, against our Microsoft’s Data and AI goals. This role will be responsible for driving external ecosystem engagement as well as internal business orchestration, ensuring that we are building and supporting partners across the lifecycle from build to launch to grow which continues to build on our deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship. The PMA represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to create qualified leads and registered deals that will drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital transformation through a set of GTM activities.
• Serve as external steward for our Data & AI Partner ecosystem; build and maintain key relationships inside and outside the Microsoft ecosystem
• Develop, support, and execute a go-to-market (GTM) plan against the Data & AI priority, with and thru partners
• Orchestrate sales enablement, co-selling efforts, alliances, and external communities to generate leads for the business.
• Lead GTM play readiness across Partners.
• Own GTM Play performance and communications with Partners. Lead results/outcome measurement and optimization.
• Launch GTM activities and create awareness across Microsoft Build-With and Sell-With teams as appropriate. Be responsible to strategically balance investments across the One Commercial Partner Organization aligned to partner strategy. Manage Corporate and Local Programs aligned to Partner capacity and Microsoft Solution Maps. Deliver program performance and Partner feedback to the business.
• Collaborate with the Channel Management team to deliver measured sales execution on GTM Plays, effectively transferring opportunities and leads for timely follow up and entry into pipeline as appropriate.
• Drive Partner solutions into internal sales enablement tools, including presentations, videos, and Partner evidence (i.e., “Success Stories”). Own Microsoft Solution Maps for region and land maps with sales team.
• Lead execution to deliver on Scorecard metrics; build and deliver Correction of Errors plans to address performance gaps against the Scorecard.
Requirements and Skills/Qualifications:
• Core Competencies: Business & Strategic Leadership, Problem Solving, Planning, organizing and coordination, Cross-Group Collaboration, Executive Maturity;
• A passion for Cloud computing, coupled with deep ecosystem and market insight, including the competitor landscape, partner business models;
• Prior or existing experience with Microsoft Cloud technologies an asset; strong preference for experience in the Data, Analytics and AI space;
• A unique balance of ability (and desire) to both understand and drive strategy development, supported by proven capability to deliver day to day execution;
• Tenacity and an unwavering drive toward action & results; adept at getting things done, and performing amidst ambiguity and complexity;
• Keen ability to build effective relationships with Field Sales and Partners;
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences;
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies:
o Inclusive and collaborative – driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
o Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills;
• Demonstrated leadership and success defining and driving complex businesses strategies in a matrix organization, supported by strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyze problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly;
• BA or Master’s degree (preferred);
• 8-10years’ experience in channelsales or marketing, product marketing with proven results;
• Approximately 20% travel.
Considering a Career with Microsoft Canada?
At Microsoft Canada Co, people are the source of our energy. The people at Microsoft Canada are creative, from all types of backgrounds, bringing passion and new ideas, meeting challenges, and realizing their potential. Our benefits and resources are designed to keep our most important asset - our employees - healthy, happy and equipped with the resources they need to be successful and realize their full potential.
Microsoft Canada provides a flexible work environment, with career advancement potential and most importantly, the opportunity to make a difference.
As a Microsoft employee, you have the opportunity to participate in the following programs:
Stock Awards & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Registered Retirement Savings Plan
Employee Software Purchase Program
Fitness Membership & Subsidy
I Volunteer (5 Paid Volunteer Days)
Employee Assistance Program
And so much more…