This position will be a critical part of the company’s E-Commerce growth strategy. The Senior Pricing Analyst will lead customer pricing activities as the company embarks on its next major growth phase. He/She will work closely with Sales and Merchandising teams to develop market pricing strategies for our online Customers. The Sr. Pricing Analyst will also work closely with the Finance team to understand the various cost-to-serve models within the company for different customer segments. The Sr. Analyst will work with large data sets (up to 70K items). He/She will continually evaluate competitor pricing and company's position in the marketplace.
- Work with account teams to determine strategic commercial pricing for up to 70K business essentials products for many of the largest e-Commerceretailers
- Develop pricing models to set optimal market prices. Perform price change impact analysis (breakeven analysis, lift analysis) including overall account / channel profitability measures
- Establish customer pricing strategies to ensure consistent pricing to hundreds of customers, across several segments, for a product offering of tens of thousands of skus
- Maintain the integrity of the pricing database to accurately set new prices for new items, new customers
- Develop existing pricing tools and analytical methods to identify gross margin improvements and profit leaks.
- Study and benchmark competitive pricing in the marketplace.
- Collaborate closely with all functions and the finance team to gain a deep understanding of the cost to serve model for various types of customers.
- Analyze price performance on monthly basis and recommend pricing actions leading to margin improvement. Implement price changes. Ensure prices are created utilizing approved business rules and logic
- Gather and leverage market and competitive price information to support pricing decisions. Consolidate and communicate market insights to senior management
- High level of interaction with Sales, Category, Marketing and Finance teams in developing optimal pricing and executing category programs
- Customer specific monthly financialreporting and analysis
- Attend Customer meetings supporting sales teams
- Perform ad hoc analyses to identify price challenges
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, primarily Excel
- Strong knowledge of Hyperion and PROS or similar data warehouse
- Data mining and analysis including item level price setting
- Excellent technical and analytical skills – expertise in building financial and business analysis models
- Works cross-functionally with peer levels
- Communicate skills allowing for interaction with higher levels of management, cross functionally
- Ability to coach and provide direction to analyst’s level – although not direct report
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers Core Values
- Strong process and control experience and aptitude
- Strong commercial skills and understanding of channel economics
- Ability to work well independently
- Minimum of 2-3 years Pricing related experience OR prior experience in Financial Business Analysis, Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Marketing OR equivalent in work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
5 years:pricing related and financial business analysis, marketing, or salesexperience