Your opportunity awaits at Associated Food Stores. If you want to work for a growing company with over 75 years of success, join our award-winning team! The AFS Corporate Headquarters, located in Salt Lake City, Utah, boasts numerous career opportunities in a fast-paced and ever-changing industry. Team members enjoy great benefits like health insurance, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and paid time off. Be part of a company that truly cares about your personal growth and giving back to the community through meaningful service and charitable giving.
- Directs the following as applicable:
- Purchase of insurance programs
- Management of claims and loss control activities
- Management of relationships with third party service providers including brokers, insurers and other TPAs.
- Works directly with general counsel and outside attorneys, insurance companies, and other parties to investigate and resolve any incidences that may result in exposure and/or losses to the company
- Is responsible for updating and monitoring compliance with insurance procedures and managing safety/risk management manuals in conjunction with others in the company
- Manages the claims process
- Initiates policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices
- Develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs and promotes those programs across all divisions of the company
- Prepares loss analyses and forecasts
- Is responsible for developing and following an annual budget for Risk Management
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
- Reviews and analyzes risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses
Requires a bachelor's degree and a minimum of five years of experience in a manager role.
Three to five years of commercial insurance experience
Holds or is in the process of obtaining advanced insurance training. Examples would be in the form of designations as, Certified Insurance Counselor, Associate in Risk Management or Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter.
Reports to the Chief Financial Officer.