The Business Analyst/Project Manager (BA/PM) will have the overall responsibility to manage the marketing technology roadmap with the ability to elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage the user needs of project stakeholders. The candidate must possess solid understanding and proven experience in the software development, websites, or ecommerce space. The candidate must be effective in conveying and managing the vision to the team, along with in-depth know-how of the Scrum methodology. The BA/PM is involved throughout the development life cycle process. In addition to eliciting user needs for business customers, this role must demonstrate the ability to shift focus to manage, prioritize and validate requirements and functionality. BA/PM needs to be able to work with multiple technical resources on one or more parallel projects, including offshore resources.
- Engage the digital marketing technology team, vendors, and IT to ensure that they can deliver separate threads of work.
- Ensure that teams have timely, relevant and complete information so that they can meet their delivery targets.
- Work with the business representatives, project managers, and project sponsors to document relevant business requirements.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes and use them throughout the project.
- Track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements through effective and appropriate application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including the continuous improvement of a requirements process.
- Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements policies, procedures, and tools.
- Identify ways to assist management in product planning through requirements development and analysis.
- Propose new product features and updates.
- Highly functioning project management expertise to manage website roadmap, ongoing development and ad hoch projects to keep priorities aligned to business needs leading focused sprints on time with quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile processes and specific experience with successful deliverables in an Agile environment
- Ability to efficiently generate common understanding of technical issues across globally distributed teams
- Systems thinking skills, to be able to see the interactions and relationships between the people, processes, and technology involved in an environment.
- Listening skills, requirements eliciting skills. Interviewing and questioning skills, ability to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information. Asking probing question is key.
- Ability to problem solve, to go beyond planned questions and respond to whatever input they hear from the people they are interviewing.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Learning skills, to pick up new information quickly.
- Facilitation skills, to lead requirements elicitation workshops. Past experience to leading scrum-related meetings (story grooming, poker/story point, etc.) is a must.
- Leadership skills, to create a collaborative environment and influence people to move toward a common goal. This includes the ability to reprioritize requirements without losing focus of the end-goal and deliver on time.
- Observational skills, to validate data obtained via other techniques and expose new areas for elicitation.
- Communication skills, to communicate information effectively and in appropriate forms to customers, marketing, managers, and technical staff. The ability to clearly convey requirements to technical team is paramount.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information.
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and engineering).
- Creativity to propose requirements not previously imagined.
- Knowledge Needed
- Understanding of contemporary requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, validation, and management practices and the ability to apply them in practice. Past working experience with Scrum or Agile Methodology is highly desired.
- Understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment.
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise software products are positioned and developed.
- Knowledge of existing tools for requirements development and requirements management to be able to choose appropriate tools for a given project and environment.
- Application domain knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them.
- BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. Masters in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analysis/Project Management and working with technology or engineering teams.
- Experience with website, application or ecommerce user experience, including principles and methodology, and working among the marketing and technical teams.
- Experience in a regulated business is a plus.
- Working knowledge of marketing stack and enterprise system integration. Desired platforms include: Sitecore, Salsesforce, Oracle ERP, OID and ATG, Pardot, Google Analtics, Google Tag Manager, Global Link/Transpefect, Mandrill.
- Experience in working with distributed teams in different time zones, including India (IST time zone).
- Experience with process improvement and continuous- quality-improvement efforts.
- Experience with structured development process such as Agile or Team
- Software Process. Past experience as a product owner is desired.
- Experience with testing and verification.