Sales Operations Analyst
The Sales Operations Analyst (Anaplan Model Builder) at Splunk is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of Anaplan-based applications for Sales. As a key member of the Sales Operations team, this role will build models and develop analysis to support all aspects of the sales planning process--including territory and quota planning, budget and headcount planning, expense analysis and cost modeling.
The ideal candidate is a team player who possesses strong analytical skills, has a deep understanding of financial modeling and sales processes, and enjoys solving complex business problems. To be successful, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams, explain complex concepts, bring business insights, and drive process improvements. Attention to detail paired with mindfulness of the big picture is essential for success in this role.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Design, build, and deliver Anaplan models to support Splunk’s sales planning process
- Manage Splunk’s headcount request and approval process through Anaplan
- Configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, actions, and other model settings to meet business needs
- Partner with Sales and Finance to gather business requirements and identify new use cases
- Conceive and execute new Anaplan solutions to support new business objectives and initiatives
- Perform data integration between Splunk’s internal systems and Anaplan
- Monitor data flows to and from Splunk’s internal systems to ensure all data is up-to-date and accurate
- Provide hands-on training to end users on Anaplan models and processes
- Define and administer user roles and permissions in Anaplan
- Perform ad-hocreporting and analysis as needed
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 4-5 years of financial analysis and modeling experiencefor a sales division (fast growing enterprise software company)
- 1-2 years of Anaplanexperience or 2+ years of experience building models with widely used planning and analytics applications such as Hyperion, SAP BPC, Cognos TM1, etc.
- Experince building models from scratch (focused around territory planning, headcount, and finance)
- Ability to partner, collaborate, and influence across a wide spectrum of functions that are part of the sales planning process
- Ability to translate 2D spreadsheet model into multi-dimensional technologies
- Strong understanding of the financial and sales planning processes
- Strong understanding of sales quota management and sales analytics
- Strong understanding of data integration (inbound and outbound)
- Must have software industry experience
- Must possess business acumen, strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment and manage a high workload
- MUST already be located near our San Francisco or San Jose offices (requires commuting into the office).
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, MBA a plus
- Experience with Anaplan is required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access