The Capital and Engineering organization is a new function within Dow AgroSciences that is chartered to deliver capital solutions, engineering and project execution expertise across the Ag Division, including both Platforms (Crop Protection and Seeds). This organization has many exciting new job opportunities, including this posting for a project Scheduler.
The Scheduler develops early project schedules that incorporate appropriate functional input to ensure project success. This position works with the project leadership team to ensure accurate and timely schedule controls are implemented and maintained during the project lifecycle. The selected individual will also provide oversight on projects that are executed with external engineering services (EPC). This oversight will include: establishing clear Owner expectations on EPC deliverables and monitor EPC progress as well as EVM methodologies.
- Lead the project team in development and management of project schedules throughout the project lifecycle
- Lead and manage early FEL scheduling activities to meet business and project needs
- Develop the schedule management plan that includes timing, types of schedules to be provided and scope of input required from others
- Provide input and functional oversight for scheduling activities post-FEL including provision of regular schedule updates
- Lead or participate in interactive planning workshops with the project team and contractors
- Document all schedule assumptions and exclusions
- Lead project schedulerisk analyses to ensure thorough understanding of risks and strategies to mitigate issues
- Provide input to Constructability Reviews
- Ensure understanding of critical path and provide on-going updates/analyses
- Assess, analyze and validatecontractor-provided schedules for quality, reasonableness and competitiveness throughout the project lifecycle.
- Audit, validate and confirm physical progress and earned value calculations for both in-house and contractor activities
- Assess schedule impact of project changes and incorporate into project schedules
- Ensure Project Controls Reports are issued to the project team in accordance with documented Project Controls Plans (frequency, format, etc.)
- Provide updated final schedule to project team at project closure.
- Preferred geographic locations include Indianapolis, IN or Midland, MI, but otherlocations will be considered.
- Must be able to travel to company facilities and Engineering Contractors (EPC)
- Depending upon candidate’s location, either Regional or Global travel (10-15%) may be required often on short notice.
Technical Skills Required:
- Industry standard best practice project scheduling processes and their application is required.
- Use of industry accepted applications for cost, along with the standard Microsoft applications - Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Broad understanding of EPC disciplines and activities that are necessary to design, construct and start-up chemical processes.
Soft Skills Required:
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum of direct supervision.
- Great time management skills including the ability to manage a substantial work load.
- Interpersonal skills for developing a client base and working in a multi-function team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and desire to expand knowledge.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute multiple concurrent activities and deliver on commitments under tight time constraints.
- Ability to work in a team environment to deliver per project objectives.
- English fluency, speaking and writing, in addition to fluent in local language.
- Strong ability in listening and communication, including consulting by telephone.
- Comfortable working with colleagues with a variety of backgrounds.
- Focused on delivering effective, usable results.
- Sound interpersonal skills, confidence, and ability to form good working relationships and negotiate effectively with internal and external contacts.
BS in Engineering or other field is required