Bloomberg engineers develop impactful solutions to complex, real-world problems. The software we write is utilized every day by leading business and finance experts worldwide. We roll out new software daily, which encourages our teams to work together on how to best design, build and deploy these systems.
Our training program will teach you the ins and outs of our technology stack and how to be a successful software engineer in our high-energy and fast-paced environment. Training consists of lectures, labs and group projects. You'll become a pro on the Bloomberg Terminal and learn how we do database systems, network communication, real-time data processing, and build UIs. After training, our engineers are prepared to hit the ground running with a strong network of new friends and colleagues.
We'll trust you to:
- Take ownership of the full development cycle
- Partner with clients and otherdevelopers to design, build and roll out solutions that will optimize complex workflows
- Understand and efficiently manipulate large datasets
- Make quick, thoughtful decisions
- Be a collaborative member of your team
- Have a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Be an excellent problem solver
You'll need to have:
- BA, BS, MS, PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
- Programming experience in C, C++, C#, Java or Python
- Minimum 3.0 GPA