Senior Substation Civil Engineer
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities
POWER Engineers is currently seeking an experienced, energetic, self-starting Senior Substation Civil Engineer with a strong civil/structural engineering background to perform engineering design activities for electrical substations. This position is in the Substation Department of our Power Delivery Division in Freeport, Maine.
- Leading other engineers, designers, and drafters and self-performing all aspects of electrical substation civil design including permitting support, site design, foundation design, structure design, and control building design.
- Development of civil construction specifications, cost estimates, engineering proposals, and project schedules.
- Coordination with all disciplines contributing to electrical substation design.
- Constructability of electrical substations.
- Preparation of calculation packages to satisfy client and code requirements.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- BSCE (Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering) degree from an accredited college.
- Professional Engineering license (PE) or the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date and ability to obtain licensure in multiple states
- 8 + years civil design experience.
- Mechanical reasoning skills and attention to detail.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills in order to work effectively with internal team members and external client personnel.
- Experience in electric utility substation design (15kV through 500kV) a plus.
- Experience with RISA, MatchCAD, LPile, and Civil 3D are beneficial.
- Geotechnical background.
- Ability to successfully participate in multiple projects concurrently and manage budgets and schedules.
At POWER Engineers, Inc. you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Have fun, do good work, make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. We provide competitive compensation, a full benefit package, professional development, and an appealing work environment. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering firm, which may be contradictory to some, but it works well for us.