Apex Learning is the leading provider of digitalcurriculum for secondary education to the nation's school districts. The company's comprehensive, standards-based online courses help schools successfully engage all students in rigorous coursework and prepare them for high school graduation and beyond. Districts are successfully using Apex Learning digitalcurriculum to meet needs ranging from credit recovery to original credit, from building foundational skills to creating opportunities for advanced coursework, and from distance learning to classroom-based programs.
We are headquartered in Seattle, WA and looking for a talented Account Executive to join our team based remotely out of the Southwest Region. Our new Account Executive will be responsible for achieving an annual target for the sale of digitalcurriculum solutions to new customers in a defined territory.
This position will be responsible for a territory in the Southwest Region covering the following states: Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Oklahoma and Nevada. Our new Account Executive will need to be located anywhere in any of these states.
- Develop and execute an annual plan to maximize sales to accounts in the assigned territory.
- Drive to meet or exceed the annual sales target for new business.
- Create awareness for Apex Learning and the company’s digitalcurriculum solutions with all schools districts in the territory
- Implement aggressive prospecting activities based on best practices to generate business with new customers.
- Work diligently and creatively with prospects to move through the sales process from awareness to interest to closed business.
- Identify the needs of each prospect and effectively position Apex Learning digitalcurriculum solutions to address each situation.
- Establish and build strong relationships with multiple contacts, including key decision makers and influencers, in as many school districts in the territory as possible.
- Become an expert on Apex Learning digitalcurriculum solutions.
- Deliver compelling and effective presentations and demonstrations of Apex Learning digitalcurriculum solutions.
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of the market and competitive environment overall and of the assigned territory in particular.
- Travel extensively within the assigned territory.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years successful field salesexperience.
- Track record of successfully generating business with new customers.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Detail oriented
- Driven to succeed and win.
- Able to work from a home-based office.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check.
- Ability to pass a Social Security Administration E-Verify check for U.S. work authorization.