The Safety Sales Specialist is responsible for developing the safety sales business (sales and margin) while building stronger relationships with the customer as a valued business partner. Develops and implements market strategy and pricing points, which grow profitable sales for Matheson across all saleschannels and market segments in a given territory. The perfect candidate is one that has experience selling safety products and a background with either a safety product manufacturer or a safety product distributor. The mission is to increase revenue in the dedicated geographic region through safety product sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop sales awareness of our line of safety products and services. Our safety product line encompasses all parts of safety requirements from PPE and first aid to emergency preparedness.
- Communicate benefits and competitive advantages of MTG’s product line and safety services.
- Set sales appointments and call on customers in the assigned geographic zones, ensure contact with plant managers, safety, etc.
- The Safety Sales Specialist will be responsible for managing and increasing sales of safety equipment within a specific territory
- Actively pursues and acquires new and competitive accounts with an emphasis on obtaining product supply agreements
- Reviews regional sales goals and gross profit margins within the assigned territory and monitors effectiveness of sales and marketing efforts
- Develops marketing and sales plans to increase sales and profits of safety products in an assigned territory Supports customer needs by preparing quotes, salescontracts and processing orders
- Prepares and presents sales presentations to win safety products business in these accounts
- Establishes and maintains clear and consistent lines of communication with internal departments relative to customer successes, customer failures, new customer developments and other customer specific information
- Identifies and qualifies prospective customers within assigned area or territory and keeps direct manager informed of such information
- Interprets customer needs and makes appropriate recommendations to increase sales opportunities
- Researches and analyses market data in assigned area or territory to determine new customers, sales volume potential and pricing, and develop a strategy to meet sales targets
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and possibly some weekend hours if applicable. This is a full-time position.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related outside sales within the safety products industry while working for a manufacturer or distributor (or equivalent experience)
- Five (5) years related experience in the safety industry desired.
- Successful track record of outside sales including growth and meeting sales targets
- * QSSP (Qualified Safety Sales Professional) preferred
- Knowledge of safety products and their applications in the market place
- Proven change management skills, including building sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management
- Experience in Vendor ManagedInventory (VMI) and Industrial Vending Programs a plus
- A valid driver's license required.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exercise strong communication skills both verbal and written
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Approximately 50% travel is required
- Applicant must have a broad understanding of industrial safety requirements and the capability to address them with product solutions.