Our organizational values describe our shared beliefs…what’s important to us as an organization; how we want to treat each other and our guests.
- Respect – We do the right thing and act with integrity. We treat people the way we would like to be treated. We take responsibility for our actions. We make decisions with all of our stakeholders in mind.
- Sustainability – We consider the impact of our decisions on our communities, our planet, and our company’s future. We work to reduce our footprint.
- Fun – We bring passion to our jobs and celebrate play. We create memories.
- Safety – We speak up. We look out for each other and our guests.
- Excellence – We go above and beyond for our guests and our teams. We measure performance and hold each other accountable.
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Marketing, the Director of Sales and Marketing (DoSM) is responsible for overseeing and leading the Snowshoe Mountain Resort Sales and Marketing division. Supervise the Brand Creative Manager, Group/ Field/ Weddings Sales representatives, Events Manager and the Marketing Communications Coordinator.
Oversee all marketing division activities including: brand awareness, positioning and development; strategic planning; customer relationship management; sponsorship and partnership activation; web design and development; internal and external communications; contract generation; production and review of collateral materials and all print and digital advertising campaigns; oversee Search Engine Marketing (SEM), mobile device and social media strategies as well as tour and travel relationships and promotions; establish rates and packages for the resort as well as for event and meeting packages; evaluate business opportunities for resort sales growth strategies; set guidelines and structure for sales goals and commissions; develop client and group prospecting research methods for sales staff; coordinate with Revenue Management Team to contribute guidance to resort revenue management.
Network and share best practices with Sales and Marketing peers at sister resorts, as well as corporate resources at company headquarters in Denver, CO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (list in order of importance)
Oversee and direct the efforts of the sales, marketing and special events staffs
Develop and oversee the implementation of resort marketing plan and budget. Track results of campaigns, and monitor spending to assure adherence to budget by tracking monthly financial statements to assure adherence to the budget
Coordinate local and regional marketing efforts of all divisions at the resort
Work with all divisions in the company to evaluate systems and guest service experience. Assist in implementing new programs and systems to better service the guest via the websites, phone and in person
In coordination with Creative Manager, supervise the efforts of our advertising agency, media agency, corporate website development and CRM resources and any other organizations Snowshoe Mountain may contract with to assist in sales/marketing efforts
Assist in negotiating contracts and manage marketing aspects of corporate sponsorships (i.e. Coke, GoPro, Clif Bar, Monster Energy etc.)
Assist with press visits, travel agent, tour operator/wholesaler fams and events as needed
Participate and help lead a monthly Snowshoe revenue maximization meeting to guide implementation of strategies regarding pricing and programs which will maximize revenues and skier visitation
Hold marketing and combined marketing and sales/event staff meetings regularly. Must be available to travel to various meetings and trade functions regionally and nationally
Complete other tasks and duties as assigned by the VP, Sales & Marketing
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Education / Experience:
- UndergraduateDegree in Business Administration with emphasis in Sales, Marketing, Resort Management, or Travel & Tourism preferred
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience in ski resort/lodging marketing, sales and communications
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong team player and interpersonal skills required in order to be effective with significant interactions at all levels within and outside of organization.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial / creative problem solver
- Experience with Loyalty-program CRM
- Experience with onsite events (sales, marketing, tradeshow, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with attention for detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines without loss in quality of work
- Passion for outdoor sports and resort activities.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel and otherMS Office programs.
- Ability to work weekend events during key selling seasons
- Valid Virginia State or Washington DC Driver’s License and clean motor vehicle record required
- Intermediate or better skier/snowboarder preferred
Job ID 2017-7427