As a key member of the Commercial Marketing organization, the Senior Director, Customer Management will have responsibility for managing revenue and churn of existing T-Mobile customers. They will also have responsibility for managing profitability and adoption of existing products and offers.
The Senior Director will design and launch impactful customer centric strategies and programs to increase Customer Lifecycle Value, achieving postpaid revenue growth, Line per account growth, and product profitability goals, while ensuring reduced churn and long-term customer engagement. This leader will manage and develop a team of 15 marketers and business managers. Additionally, s/he will lead and interface cross-functionally with various teams, to include Marketing, Finance, Care, Retail and Product Management.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
More specifically, this role will assume the following responsibilities:
- Design and launch effective marketing programs leveraging customer behaviors, interest, psychographics, and needs. Balance consumer insights, competitive insights, value proposition development and analytical insights to guide enterprise decisions on new and existing offers and other revenue impacting programs and strategies, including new value-added services.
- Generate ideas to pivot strategies in response to customers’ reactions. Understand drivers and changes in revenue volumes, rates and behaviors of the customer base. Diagnose trends and develop tactics to deliver on the quarterly revenue targets.
- Drive innovation of new and existing consumer retention initiatives and programs including device upgrade programs. Understand drivers of customer sat and churn and build programs to build loyalty among the customer base.
- Ensure annual revenue goals are being met, while balancing tradeoffs to keep customers satisfied and maintain a low churnrate. Manage the calendar of promotions.
- Full ownership of T-Mobile’s connected device business including offers and promotions with a focus on driving adoption and retention among the existing base.
- Effectively forecast and analyze trends, identify revenue implications of new programs, and optimize pricing strategy for his or her portfolio of products.
- Work with leaders across all consumer facing channels (Retail, Care, and Digital) to develop and align programs, KPIs and tactics to achieve revenue and churn goals.
- Lead, motivate, and coach a high-performing team
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisite qualifications:
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership roles with substantial GM type experience with a consumer-focused, subscription-based consumer business. Proven track record of successfully driving incremental revenue and customer retention.
- A skilled leader who has built and led high-performing, collaborative marketing teams.
- Ability to influence, lead and coach direct and cross-functional teams, and champion new concepts and ideas.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
- Knowledge of financial drivers; experience in managing return on investment objectives.
- Proven track record in aligning an organization’s activities with corporate strategic objectives and brand.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with stakeholders and clients, engendering trust and developing collaborative partnerships that support mutually beneficial business goals.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an agile delivery environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans.
- Smart, innovative, and forward-thinking; creatively thinks outside the box
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals.
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.