Job ID: EN_US_1704638
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens…
The Finance Supervisor directs and coordinates forecasting, reporting, and budgeting activities for GBU Mobile Emissions Catalysts (CCE) North America. The role is responsible for supporting the Business Unit (BU) Controller Americas in all areas, with focus on monthly closing activities and projects supporting the CCE North America leadership team. In this role, the focus is on business partnering and continuous improvement. The role proactively provides guidance, challenges, consults with the business unit leadership to enable appropriate financial decision-making and value generation.
Supervisor Financial Planning/Analysis (1704638) – Southfield, MI
Formula for Success: You Will…
- Be accountable for the monthly closing, reporting, analysis, and forecasting activities in support of the BU Controller Americas for all main groups.
- Lead the annual MTO/budget process.
- Supervise a staff financial analyst.
- Set and communicate objectives and provide direction to the Finance staff.
- Provide ongoing performance feedback, coaching, training, and development.
- Perform special projects and other duties as required.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement in all areas.
- Facilitate monthly collection and invoicing of rare earth surcharges.
- Communicate with the BU Controller to ensure forecast/budgeting accuracy.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You…
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believeinvesting in you isinvesting in our success.Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand yournetworkand build a rewarding and dynamic career.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look for in You…
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; advanced degree is a strong plus.
- A minimum of8years ofexperience infinance/accounting or controlling with a proven track record of accomplishments. Roles include Excel-baseddata analysis and focused attention to detail. Examples of relevantexperience:
- Forecasting/Budgeting experience
- Sales price/volume/mix analysis
- General ledger account analysis
- Cost center spending analysis (vs prior period, budget, trend, etc.)
- Cost accounting/product cost analysis
- Financial Project Management
- Diverse financialexperience within the automotive industry preferred.
- Strong hands-on computer skills: Excel expertise required, SAP highly desirable.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated planning and follow-up skills and results-focused.
- Proven analytical skills.