You will be responsible for developing and executing strategies to achieve regional growth objectives in non-acute settings through our distributionchannel. You will develop partnerships with distributors to optimize regional and national sales programs, representative of Hill-Rom's business interests in the market. You will also be responsible for managing a national team of Welch Allyn sales specialists focused in the non-acute sector.
- Ensures comprehensive information is gathered on a continual basis from distribution partners. Need to understand the distribution and non-acute regional markets, customers and competition to determine current situation and identify trends and opportunities to propel the goals of the business.
- Ensures recruitment of qualified and successful sales personnel in multiple regions. Training and coaching to develop their sales skills, meet quotas and to educate on HRC products and policies.
- Negotiates contracts and manages implementation of programs with National and Regional Distribution partners in collaboration with GBU marketing leaders.
- Drives quarterly internal and external business reviews to communicate state of distribution partner relationships. Uses business reviews to communicates information and/or to address concerns.
- Recommends to marketing team alternative solutions which resolve barriers and problems that prevent successful achievement of goals.
- Maintains a distributor database and prepares reports as necessary to analyze sales call activity, distributor performance and other metrics as required.
REQUIRED• Bachelor’s degree or at least 7 years of sales experience, in the medical device industry (preferred experience in distribution).• At least 5 years of sales experience, preferably for a service that is provided in the medical device industry• Solid understanding of provincial healthcare environments and procurement practices.• Previous direct management experience of remote teams.• Strong research and strategic analysis skills.• Skilled at business related computer skills including Microsoft Office, Concur, Salesforce (or other CRM) and associated programs.• Demonstrated ability to achieve sales plans.• Exceptional negotiation skills.• Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally.• Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of distributor management to include the C-suite.• Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
PREFERRED• Previous experience in working with medical distributors and B2B is • Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business to meet sales objectives.• Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.• Strategy development, project management, problem solving, and change management skills.