Living with a serious illness or caring for a loved one who is seriously ill can be one of life’s most challenging times. We need experts who have been there for families countless times, providing experience, guidance and care. Bluegrass Care Navigators connects patients with caregivers who have exactly the right expertise to meet their health care needs and help handle the activities of everyday living. Our team provides unsurpassed private duty nursing, palliative care, hospice care and more. Position Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a Healthcare-related field; a minimum of 5years salesexperience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have current Kentucky driver’s license, automobile insurance, and access to a reliable automobile.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in confidential matters.
- Must have excellent listening skills and the ability to identify needs, issues, or concerns.
- Must have excellent communication and public speaking skills.
- Must have ability to work independent of direct on-site supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with health care professionals.
- Available to cover evening and weekend events as needed.
- Possess and maintains good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by organization policy.
Summary of Job Responsibilities
The Provider Liaison isresponsible for strengthening existing referral relationships and leading the development of new referral relationships between The Organization and referral sources across our communities served. The Provider Liaison is assigned a territory in which he/she identifies & qualifies accounts with current and potential referral sources, develops and maintains account plans for each account, and works the account plans within his/her assigned territory; all with the goal of increased referral volume and conversion toadmission, earlier identification of hospice-medically eligible patients, andeducation of referral sources on new and ongoing Organizational programs. The Provider Liaisonworks with physician practices, hospitals, nursing facilities (including both assisted living facilities and skilled nursing facilities) andother referral sources as assigned in his/her territory, ensuring timely and efficient responses to business opportunities and issues. The Provider Liaison alsoworks with the Intake Department as well as the Executive Director and/or Managers in the assigned territory, assisting with communication, customer service, and compliance of regulatory and accreditation standards. Bluegrass Care Navigators (formerly Hospice of the Bluegrass) is a nationally respected hospice, having cared for thousands of families in our Kentucky communities since1978, providing hospice services to approximately750 patients daily in32 counties located in central, northern and easternKentucky. Our services currently include:
- Bluegrass Extra Care – a private pay service offering personalized home care
- Bluegrass Transitional Care – help with hospital to home
- Bluegrass Palliative Care – pain and symptom relief
- Bluegrass Hospice Care – expert care for the final months of life
- Bluegrass Grief Care – support through anticipatory grief and bereavement