Background: The Responsive Cyber Acquisitions Branch (RCA) requires on-site requirements development support at our user’s location, Peterson AFB, CO. Specifically, the contractor will advise and assist AFSPC in the development of acquisition requirements; advise and assist AFSPC/A5C in the development of an initial baseline for in use and operational cyber C2 technologies; and coordinate with the AFSPC Mission Sponsor to ensure program activities are consistent with the development of MAJCOM capability needs.
Assignment: Candidate will be spending first 30 days understanding all the offensive programs/projects currently being worked . Candidate will then (with assistance of current personnel) help develop future architecture for OCO and how all our programs inter-relate. End goal is drafting of the requirements documentation and creating briefings to get the documentations thru the JCIDs process. The tangible work consists of assisting with preparing JCIDS requirements documentation, including cyber systems’ SRD, ICD, CDD, and CPD, among others. Contractors will focus primarily on the next generation CVA/H CONOPS and technical requirements, C3MS Situational Awareness requirements, and a functional concept for the next generation CDA. They will also support an enterprise-level data loss prevention Capabilities Based Assessment (CBA) for the CDA.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Candidate will have a BS plus 7 years of acquisition program management experience, 2 of which must be in defense acquisitions.
- Candidate must have ability for evaluating capability gaps/shortfalls from completed CBAs and other Studies/Analyses/Assessments and providing recommended future actions.
- Candidate must be able to conduct and complete various JCIDS related activities required to maintain the current OCO capability, enhance OCO capability and develop the OCO capability of the future.
- Candidate must have knowledge of the principles, policies and practices of DoD and Air Force systems acquisition and program management.
- Candidate must have the ability to communicate both orally and in writing with clear and concise accuracy.
- Candidate must have knowledge of business, industrial management, basic contracting procedures to evaluate contractor proposals and activities and to be able to input into acquisition documents.
- Candidate must have knowledge of qualitative and quantitative techniques for gathering, analyzing, and measuring the effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of weapons/C2 acquisition programs, throughout the development, production and deployment lifecycle.
- Candidate must have the knowledge to assess and communicate whether programs are within schedule and cost baselines; be able to recommend viable solutions to problems and recommend effective, alternative strategies and courses of action.
- Candidate must be able to work on own or within a team.
- Candidate must be familiar with MS tools (PowerPoint, Word and Excel; MS Project helpful but not required.
Limited travel may be required.