At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. That's more than just a privilege. At HCA, it is our calling. Since our founding nearly 50 years ago, we have followed a vision of healthcare the way it should be: patient-centered, constantly evolving and constantly improving, practiced with integrity and compassion. We all have a role in making this vision a reality. Together, we can make a difference in people's lives and build a thriving, healthier world.
HCA Creative Services is a motley crew of adventurers, dreamers, idealists, entrepreneurs, misfits, designers, writers, inventors, and artists who are hungry for crafting new ideas. A crew whose mission is to inspire, provoke and serve an industry that impacts patient care. We believe that creativity drives innovation, improves the status quo, and, in a variety of forums, helps stakeholders tell their stories to the right people at the right time.
Reporting to the VP of Creative Services, the manager of creative strategy plays a pivotal role in the creative services department and leads a team of creative strategists by developing and presenting strategic creative recommendations that educate and inform internal and external audiences about HCA's mission, products, programs, and services. The candidate must possess the ability to effectively concept, create and implement creative communication programs, campaigns and strategies in a variety of forms/channels, including video, events and graphic design, to the target audience. This position requires a candidate who can analyze business requirements, concept, construct, test, and implement solutions with little to no supervision in a fast-paced, on-demand environment and provide supervision and mentorship to a team of creative strategists. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter and must be committed to delivering high quality solutions within agreed upon timelines.
- Supervises creative services creative strategy team providing creative leadership on issues relevant to brand voice, creative copy, compelling story telling concepts and priority objectives. Assists the team members in shaping narratives and building innovative multimedia content for targeted audiences according to the objectives of the project. Provides direction, review, feedback, mentorship and training to the creative strategy team. Oversees team projects, facilitates workflow and performs managerial administrative/operational tasks. Suggests new ways of improving the quality of deliverables, while allowing the team’s ideas to shine.
- Manages the organization’s creative communication strategy and designs plans for strategic, multi-channel dissemination and adoption of communication campaigns and proposals, including video, events and graphic design. Conceptualizes, strategizes and produces materials that achieve departmental and organizational goals. Ensures quality control for all of the team’s deliverables and confirms they are completed within time and budget constraints. Ensures that the delivered products or services adhere to the policies and standards of the organization in an effort to support coherence and unity.
- Serves as a senior member of the creative services team, collaborating with others on strategy and creative content development. Provides creative consultation to other departments. Leverages creative and marketing knowledge to develop new creative campaigns for specific targets. Leads and drives communication campaign and strategy sessions with stakeholders and other creatives when engaging in new projects. Must possess ability to create a comprehensive proposal/business case and present to key stakeholders, including executive leadership.
- Continually inspires our clients with a creative vision, game-changing ideas and plans to get them executed. Uncovers and generates insights and develops solutions that drive the key business goals of our stakeholders. Leads strategic conversations that continuously uncover and elucidate creative opportunities and solutions. Works with cross-functional teams to refine ideas for maximum impact.
- Similar to a digital agency, this position identifies strategic opportunities, issues and risks. Performs business development and account management responsibilities, bringing new business to the department and selling current portfolio of work to prospective customers. Maintains relationships and communication with clients; tracks jobs, requirements, progress, timelines and cost opportunities. Prepares project specifications, project work agreements and proposals for clients. Serves as point of contact with internal and external vendors, agencies and consultants.
Professional: Strong and persuasive writing and public speaking skills. An expansive and creative thinker with proven ideation and conceptual skills; shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings; has solid understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them.
Vision: Identifies strategic issues, opportunities and risks; clearly communicates links between the organization’s strategy and the department’s goals; generates and communicates broad and compelling organizational direction, inspiring others to pursue that same direction; conveys enthusiasm about future possibilities.
Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; gathers relevant information before making a decision; considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; makes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the organization; proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; checks assumptions against facts; determines the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; makes tough decisions and has difficult conversations when necessary.
Seven Years of progressively responsible experience in Communications
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: One year project/account management and supervisory experience
Job Code: 10201-22791