Industry: Staffing & Recruiting•
8 - 10 years
Posted 344 days ago
Job Number : 81607
Division : Engineering
· Hourly employees within the assigned area of responsibility, typically 10-25 employees.
Directs, assigns, and supervises hourly employees in the performance of their day to day duties with full accountability for results in terms of Safety, Quality, Costs and quantity of production in an efficient environment. Analyzes production methods from a human factor standpoint to achieve optimal efficiency. Continually evaluates and develops employees to meet multi-skill and cross-training requirements.
1. Directs, Supervises and Coordinates the day to day activities of hourly employees within their area ofresponsibility.
2. Makes adjustments to workloads within their area in order to meet production schedules and quality requirements utilizing independent judgment, knowledge of personnel, material, processes and equipment.
3. Initiates, recommends and implements continuous improvements through individual efforts and/or theutilization of available resources.
4. Initiates or recommends personnel action including disciplinary steps, transfers, and releasing employees from service for the appropriate reasons. Continually evaluates and develops employees to meet standardized expectations.
5. Responsible for the quality requirements within their area of responsibility.
6. Oversees the training activities for all employees assigned to their department.
7. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees by adhering to the various safety regulations from company dictated, OSHA driven or insurance carrier mandated.
8. Functions within a team atmosphere either as a member or team leader utilizing the appropriate interpersonal skills.
9. Accountable for maintaining the level of housekeeping to company standards.
10. Performs job duties in accordance with Code of Ethics to ensure the highest ethical dealings withemployees, management, customers and suppliers.
Departmental Budget – Labor & Expenses. Must fulfill the financial control and risk management responsibilities inherent in the position.
Skills and Knowledge:
Strong communication, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills are needed to be successful in theposition. A focus on details and processes are crucial. Efficient computer skills in MS Office applications are required. Delegation skills are essential skills to this position.
4 year industrial engineering degree preferred
>8 years of supervision in a Manufacturing environment.
Must be able to cross assembly lines, and get around equipment.