Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the RegionalDirector of Medical Staff Services oversees and coordinates provider services activities across the Montana region and functions including provision for administrative services to aide in planning and implementation of provider services. Some of theresponsibilities of this role include:
- Ensures compliance with accreditation, regulatory, legal, quality standards and Medical Staff Bylaws and Regulations.
- Responsible for physician education/orientation and will collaborate with care site physician leaders to develop and maintain a program to advance physician leaders.
- Works in conjunction with physician leadership to implement an effective medical staff performance improvement plan.
- Assures confidentiality of Medical and Allied Health Staff activities as they relate to peer review, performance improvement, risk management and medical legal issues.
- Participates in care site, regional and system committees relevant to provider services activities and involvement.
Position requires a solid working relationship with medical and allied health staff, collaborating departments within each care site and System, programmatic stakeholders and administration at care sites, region and SCL Health. Directreports (with some matrix relationships) will include the Central Verification Office Staff, Medical Staff Coordinators and Specialists, Licensing Specialists, and PayerEnrollmentCoordinators.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare or related business field. (Experience in lieu of degree may be considered.)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a hospital Medical Staff office, required.
- Significant supervisory or management experience in a hospital Medical Staff office, required.
- Certification as a Medical Staff Coordinator with the national Association of Medical Staff Services, required.
- Knowledge of State, Federal, CMS, NCQA and The Joint Commission laws/rules as well as legal knowledge relating to all aspects of credentialing processes, medical staff/hospital affiliations, licensure laws and payer enrollment.
Job Number: 17006136