Direct strategy, operations and the budget for the protection of the enterprise information assets and manages the overall security program. The scope of responsibility will encompass enterprise architecture, applications and infrastructure, including the policies and procedures which apply. Responsible for enabling an information security-conscious enterprise culture and maintaining a secure infrastructure that complies with federal and state information security, clinical, research and higher education policies and regulations. Serve as the Chief Information Security Officer for the Nebraska Medicine HIPAA Affiliated Covered Entity (ACE) which includes Nebraska Medicine (The Nebraska Medical Center, UNMC Physicians, and Bellevue Medical Center), Nebraska Pediatric Practice Plan, University Dental Associates, and UNMC. Serve as point of contact for the ACE which includes consulting on current and planned strategic and operational initiatives.
- Minimum of ten years healthcare administration or information security experience required.
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience with proven progressive leadership in an academic hospital or academic health system required.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, business management, corporate leadership, and financial decision-making required.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical research, leadership, and strategic planning required.
- Strong working knowledge of management strategies, financial accounting, human resource planning, customer relations, and implementation of new technologies required.
- Willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions required.
- Demonstrate strong abilities in the following skill sets: Negotiation/achievement of consensus, collaboration with diverse groups or individuals, leadership/facilitation of small/large group processes for planning and decision making, communication both verbally and in writing, formally and informally, representation of Nebraska Medicine internally and externally, administrative level working knowledge of hospital operations, inter-relationships and political climate, demonstrated ability to work with physicians and technical staff required.
- Knowledge of information systems, decision support systems, telecommunications equipment, office equipment/supplies, use of Intranet and Internet required.
- Ability to negotiate consensus, collaborate and work with diverse groups of individuals and leaders in a highly matrixed inter-affiliate and interdisciplinary environment required.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) required.
- Working knowledge or experience in hospital / large physician practice/health system operations preferred.
- Experience as a chief level executive in an academic health system with strategy and strategic planning accountability preferred.
- Master's degree in information technology or cycbersecurity preferred.