Hertz is currently looking for highly motivated college graduates who want a CAREER. As an Airport Location Manager, you will have an opportunity to learn our most successful side of the business “hands-on”. This attained knowledge will enable you to rise through the ranks of management and continually become challenged by higher level roles and responsibilities. If you are searching for new challenges and rewards, Hertz offers exciting career opportunities to get you to the next level and beyond.
As a Hertz Airport Location Manager, you have full responsibility for one or more distinct areas of operation. You will be exposed to the entire operation to gain a well rounded understanding of what makes a successful car rental company. A Location Manager oversees all of the personnel and operational functions of an airport location. You are responsible for managing a unionized workforce, delivering quality customer service, increasing sales and revenue, scheduling adequate staff coverage, handling customer issues and requests, and training new personnel. You will be empowered to make quick decisions independently to make the operation as successful as you know it can be.
In addition, you are responsible for the rental fleet at your location and the staff that maintains it. You need to be aware of daily and hourly reservation and return counts, vehicle make and model availability, preventive maintenance schedules, etc.
In your position as a Location Manager, you will move between these key areas of responsibility, learning the functions of each and in that way gain a working, on-site knowledge of the business that can help you progress into higher management ranks.
Hertz strives to be the #1 car rental company in customer satisfaction and retention; we need you to help us achieve our goal!
The compensation package includes a competitive base salary plus generous quarterly and annual bonus potential. In addition to the compensation package, you will receive a fleet vehicle with all expenses paid. Some of the benefits employees are eligible for include:
- Life Insurance
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Sick Days
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Eligibility varies, depending on your employment status
- Associates or Bachelors Degreepreferred
- 3+ years of management experiencepreferred
- Customer Service, Management, and Salesexperiencepreferred.
- A background managing a unionized workforce is helpful
- Experience in car rental, hospitality, or tourism a plus.
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma/Toyota Management techniques is an advantage.
- Professionally direct employees including: training, setting expectations, follow up and corrective action.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to engage in verbal interactions with customers.
- Strong sales skills.
- Strong problem-solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to project professional appearance.
- Must have basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in English.
- Must have a valid driver's license.