This position is a remote position and the ideal candidate should be based in northern New Jersey. Other major cities in the New England area with easy access to an airport will be given consideration.
80-90% travelrequired for the role within the territory of Eastern US/New England.
Provides professional education and clinical support to STERIS customers in infection prevention, reprocessing and perioperative practice. Assists in the development of educational materials, provides clinical support and education, and provides a consultative role to help improve customer processes in using STERIS products/services. A Clinical Education Specialist should provide a value-added service to STERIS products/services and to assist the sales force achieve their financial objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Professional Education
- Based on observations and needs assessment, identify and develop education materials as approved by management. This will include direct product-related education materials, published articles, study guides and presentations. The minimum standard is at least two education piece developed and published/presented each year.
- For “contact hour” customer presentations, identify and create new topics based on customer needs, and review and update existing presentations based on industry changes to ensure contact hours are up to date.
- Plans, generates, and provides formal educational seminars and workshops to stimulate product interest and increase sales.
- Develops and maintains relationships with healthcare professionals, industry leaders, professional organizations and business associates through active membership in organizations (i.e., AORN, SGNA, APIC, IAHCSMM etc.) and participation in national/local professional meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Clinical Support
- Supportsother departments (i.e., Marketing, Legal, Regulatory, R&D, etc.) through providing clinical expertise in the development and market launch of new products or services as well as concerns with existing products and programs.
- Works directly with customers, Dealer Representatives, and Sales/Service/Customer Support employees for the purpose of providing clinical expertise with strong emphasis on the application of STERIS products via customer visits, presentations, hands-on training, and communication (written and oral).
- Audits customer work processes (infection prevention, reprocessing and perioperative practice) and use of equipment and related accessories to ensure compliance with operating/processing instructions. Based on audit, proactively identifies opportunities for improvement and provides recommendations.
- Documents audits with recommended actions copying customer, Account Manager, and Region Manager.
- For serious customer issues, identifies the problem, gathers all facts and data, documents issues and provides immediate and ongoing communication to Director of Clinical Education and others as directed. This may include Legal, Regulatory, R&D, Sales and Service, Customer Support and Marketing. Drafts documentation and follow-up requirements/recommendations for the customer on a timely basis.
- Takes a pro-active approach to minimize potential customer issues by providing recommendations to Account Managers and Regional Sales Managers on customer needs/requirements.
- Provides clinical expertise with troubleshooting (equipment and machine) and resolves customer issues supporting and collaborating with Account Managers, Quality Improvement Team, Regulatory, and R&D as required.
- Bachelor's in Nursing.
- At least five years clinical experiencerequired and preferred expertise in the Operating Room, Central Supply, Infection Prevention/Control or Endoscopy Department. Professional certifications (e.g., CNOR, CRCST, CIC, CGRN) are required. • Understanding of surgical instrumentation and principles of reprocessing (cleaning, disinfection, sterilization) preferred.
- Track record experience in clinical practice, which may include perioperative practice, infection prevention/control, reprocessing departments, pharmacy, medical or nursing.
- A graduate of an accredited degree, nursing program or professional certification is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications. A record of previous publications/presentations preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills before large and small groups.