SoFi s looking for a full-time Technical Training Developer and Trainer to help grow our development staff. From developing training plans for well defined platforms such as Hibernate to working with cool new technologies such as Scala, Play and Dropwizard, this is an opportunity for someone that really likes teaching otherdevelopers about the cool things they can use on the job.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members’ interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. We created studentloan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly inventive products. As the company has grown, we’ve been able to help more people with these tools.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (300,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 1,000. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Deliver in-person and virtual training on technologies relevant to SoFi’s development stack
- Develop new materials and update existing materials to keep pace with our architecture
- Build and test hands-on activities to prepare developers to work with new technologies
- Pilot training programs and collect feedback
- Work with the architecture team, engineering managers, team leads, product managers and others to define new titles
- Technical depth and flexibility to present credibly to very technical audiences
- An interest in both writing and delivering training
- A curiosity in new technologies and jobs, e.g., DevOps, microservices, etc.
- A willingness to dig-in on the hard stuff to make sure it's done right
- A BS/BA degree in a relevant field (CS, EE, MIS) or equivalent experience.
- Experience using Java, Python, Node.js
- Experience with Docker or a similar container system
- Experience with HTTP, web servers, web applications and web frameworks
- Skills in Linux- and UNIX-based systems
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Enjoy working independently and driven to produce results with a minimum amount of supervision
- Able to travel 10-30% of the time
- An BA in education or MA degree in Instructional Design or equivalent experience