Territory Sales Manager
Summary: Summary: The person in this position is primarily responsible for managing the sales and marketing of Compass Mineral’s agricultural and industrial products in. Products include water conditioning, food products, chemical salts and various agricultural products. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following: (Management reserves the right to add or modify the duties and responsibilities at any time.)
- Maintains and establishes key relationships with distribution, end-users, and industry within assigned territory
- Creates and implements sales and marketing plans for territory including planning, promotions, equipment strategies and budget preparation
- Communicates effectively using Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Comfortable with public speaking and making PowerPoint presentations to distribution, growers/end-users, and industry
- Supports internal database development through CRM (Contact Relationship Management) software
- Meets budgeted volume and margin numbers
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in equivalent education and experience and 4-8years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture or equivalent
- Salesexperience is strongly preferred in the chemical, industrial or agricultural fields
- Five plus years of direct sales to water conditioning dealers, agricultural distribution, medium-sized retailers, and wholesale distribution.
Travel: Must be able to travel 50%-60% of the time with overnight stays. Company vehicle is provided.