For Us, It's A Mission At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you. Make a DifferenceAt Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- Builds strong, collaborative partnerships with business leaders at all levels - global and franchise - as well as with IT colleagues.
- Leverages deep knowledge of the identified Operations domains to partner with business in the formulation of IT strategies to support identified objectives.
- Collaborates closely with other Operations IT leaders to provide thought leadership and portfolio input to the Operations IT strategy.
- Leverages a deep understanding of business processes and the information technologies required to support these in contributing to strategy.
- Develops and maintains a current capabilities assessment, targeted end state, and requisite program roadmap to get there.
- Oversees the portfolio of systems and projects supporting NA Operations, while enforcing IT policies, best practices, and processes set forth by the Operations IT Project Execution Office and Quality standards, to include the project lifecycle, funding approval processes, and resource management procedures. The Head is expected to be highly aware of details impacting any aspect of the portfolio they own.
- Operates in compliance with the policies and guidelines set forth by IT’s Center of Excellence organization, to include the Capability Lifecycle, funding approval processes, and resource management procedures.
- Defines, oversees, and spearheads delivery of a portfolio of projects that further the business goals of the Operations Functions while complementing global business objectives.
- Responsible the IT budget and human resources assigned to deliver new capabilities.
- Ensures that all relevant information related to the project portfolio is maintained in the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) platform.
- Works closely with global/regional/functional business leaders in driving towards harmonization of business processes. Helps develop clear, well understood business requirements to existing problems.
- Partners with other solution leaders, enterprise architecture, and the build and technical support teams to leverage existing assets or configure new ones to enable critical processes, minimizing the need for new technology unless required.
- Owns the budget assigned to deliver IT and is responsible for the successful execution of every component of same.
- Monitors the technology environment (including testing and validation), resolves issues, and drives improvements in IT operations support levels.
- Leads, develops and influences direct reports and other IT resources through a matrixed environment in which some required resources do not have a direct reporting relationship.
- Provides strategic technology leadership and forward-thinking ideas for the appropriate business units through the creation of strategy and development of technology road maps.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 10 years relevant manufacturing, quality and R&D support platforms management experience, or 8 years’ experience with Master’s Degree is preferred. Related experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply chain business processes a must. Experience implementing IT solutions in support of research and process development process desired, to include Manufacturing Execution Systems, Computer validation, ERP, Quality Systems, Weigh and Dispense and Plant Automation. Must be experienced in working with IT Project Management Office.
- Must be experienced in successfully managing multiple Operations IT projects simultaneously.
- Must understand highly complex technology projects and concepts as they relate to high-level business objectives, and ability to present those concepts to both IT and non-IT audiences in a concise and easily-understandable manner.
- Ability to develop strategic partnership with business partners. A graduate degree in a related scientific domain would facilitate relationship management in the IT environment and would be preferred.
- Proven ability to drive complex conceptual discussions in support of business analysis to develop system requirements. This includes the ability to generate innovative ideas to resolve problems.
- Position functions autonomously. Has 20+ individuals in reporting structure.
- Must be willing and able to travel domestically up to 15%.
- This role may have flexibility to be based out of Canonsburg, PA or Morgantown, WV.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English are required.