Product Manager

5 - 7 years experience  •  Business Services

Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/02/17
Waco, TX
5 - 7 years experience
Business Services
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/02/17

This position is responsible to define, implement and monitor the Product Policy for the AFSR product lines within North America. Approximately 60% of the role will focus on the Huck product, the remaining 40% on the other key brands (Recoil, Marson, Camloc) within the AFSR Industrial Product mix.

The Product Manager will present for approval the strategy for the AFSR Products to the VP Sales & Marketing and AFS Industrial Vice President. The role will be responsible for co-ordinating activities associated with the strategy, & managing communications between stakeholders. The Product Manager will develop strong working relationships both internally, with AFSR Waco and the Sales team, and externally with customers.

This position reports directly to the Global VP, Sales and Marketing Industrial Products.

Specific Responsibilities Include:
Essential Functions

  • Define a pricing policy for existing products in conjunction with Operations and in line with business strategy
  • Identify potential new markets for AFSR product lines to achieve market growth. Conduct detailed analysis to evaluate market potential
  • Make recommendations for new product specification in relation to changing customer and market needs
  • Manages life cycle of product from inception to production and delivery to the customer. Continues to monitors products on an ongoing basis post launch.
  • Evaluates and makes recommendations in terms of new product specifications, product line extensions, product modifications.
  • Communicate internally and externally on commercial events attached to the product line
  • Evaluates market to understand where value can be gained and prioritizes projects accordingly
  • Define objectives for each sales team member in line with product strategy. Monitor performance against these objectives and support the team where necessary in achieving these action plans
  • Develop strong working relationships with engineering, sales, quality, marketing and operations management to ensure that accurate information can be obtained and the product strategy is implemented successfully. Issue a monthly report to ensure that key projects remain on track
  • Visit key strategic customers to develop a strong understanding of their product needs and ensure strong satisfaction levels are developed and maintained
  • Prepare the annual budget and submit to the Global VP for Sales & Marketing.
  • Analyze the competition and develop a database on related products (fasteners & tooling) with forecasts, volumes and market segment details
  • Ongoing analysis of internal business landscape by product line and region to enable a roadmap for introduction of new product opportunities or replacement of obsolete products
  • Maintain full compliance with Company policies and procedures and conducts all activities in accordance with Company Standards of Business Conduct.

Basic Qualifications

A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.

Preferred Qualifications

•A Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Business or Engineering•A minimum of 5 years experience in product management •Industrial product manager experience in a large organization •Strong analytical and financial acumen and experience

Not the right job?
Join Ladders to find it.
With a free Ladders account, you can find the best jobs for you and be found by over 20,0000 recruiters.