If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Within the Product Marketing organization, responsibility for generating technical content, training materials, and product presentations on a variety of platforms including but not limited to, Office 365 / PowerPoint, Adobe Captivate, and ClearSlide. This includes creating, editing, and maintaining technical documents such as owner's manuals, product maintenance manuals, educational presentations and exams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adapt content from data sheets, catalogs, technical manuals for use in web-based training platforms. In some cases, write narration scripts for web-based training.
- Generate and edit scripts for use in YouTube video training.
- Develop and update PowerPoint presentations for use in training seminars and webinars to reflect current products, graphics, and content.
- Assist Senior Technical Writer and Product Managers in writing and editing owner's manuals.
- Assimilate materials into professional, compelling sales presentation packages for delivery by field personnel to customer base.
- Mine field reports for opportunities to share installation tips and best practices.
- Maintain and organize Franklin SharePoint (or alternative platform) to make content easier-to-access and utilize for customer-facing personnel.
- Work with existing boilerplate and rough draft material from Product Managers and convert them into high impact content.
- Edit documents as needed for grammar, style, and content.
- Edit and rewrite as necessary existing technical manuals to improve ease-of-use and effectiveness.
- Organize and write supporting documents for products.
- Maintain and control existing product documents and the respective internal online storage and organization thereof.
- Schedule and coordinate training events with sales and field service teams. For events at Franklin facilities, coordinate with facility personnel.
- Maintain a masterschedule of upcoming training and MTF events.
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Writes routine correspondence within the organization
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with vendors, internal and external customers, and other employees of the organization.
- Works with fundamental mathematical concepts such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Solves practical problems and deals with a variety of known variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram formats.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a minor degree.
- Uses non-complex machines and equipment (calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in writing or a related field.
- Intermediate:Database, spreadsheet, word processing/typing, Microsoft Office
- Basic: 10-key, alphanumeric data entry, presentation/PowerPoint.
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Regularlyrequired to sit and to talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet.
LINK TO APPLY: