The senior auditor facilitates organizational accountability and integrity through complex analysis and evaluation of the effectiveness of controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of Compassion operations. The incumbent conducts major examinations of departmental records, and interviews individuals to provide assurance about ministry operations, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The senior auditor may also manage and coordinate the activities of contract auditors conducting independent protective and constructive audits for management to review effectiveness of controls, financial records, and operations. She or he will also contribute to the establishment of systems and standards for conducting audits. At this career level, the incumbent is leads or conducts major, complex audits and audits for multiple countries. Further, he or she often coaches and oversees the work of other auditors and related staff.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate for children – raising the awareness of the needs, neglect, nurture, and potential of children in poverty and challenging and enabling those within one’s influence to greater involvement and effectiveness on behalf of children.
- Plans, performs and leads audits to review supporting documents for compassion operations and communicates findings to audit and operating management.
- Collects and analyzes large amounts of complex data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, excessiveness, wastefulness, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Plans and performs risk assessments and audits, and provides assistance to less experienced team members and audit guests to successfully complete planned audit assignments.
- Travels to Compassion project sites to audit operational and financial systems, administration records, accountability procedures, staffing, planning, budgets, specific key result indicators, legal compliance and general management practices. Conducts audits in a facilitative manner, emphasizing opportunities for training and development of ministry partner workers.
- Examines and documents significant risks, complex internal processes, and related controls, and conducts appropriate tests during the audit fieldwork.
- Travels to Compassion partners and inspect programs against documented standards and sound control practices, including reviewing risk assessment systems. Conducts complex audits on a full range of standards and best practices such as management, operational, staffing, legal, planning, procedural, and financial compliance. Conducts audits using a consultative, partnership approach, helping the partner to uncover issues and implement corrective action.
- Frequently coaches, provides expertise, and may oversee the work of other auditors.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's Degree Risk Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, finance, accounting, business administration, management, or other related disciplines.
- Ten years Professional experience working in audit, finance, risk management, governance, or similar field involving international, inter-cultural operations.
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) granted by The Institute of Internal Auditors, or similar credential.