Req #: 8101
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning's businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
IT Application Developer / Analyst to engage with the internal plant customers to understand system requirements and design, develop, implement and support the IT solution to fulfill those requirements.
- Design, develop and support software systems, in close cooperation with the operating departments
- Coordinate and implement externally developed IT systems
- Ensure a smooth production process and high availability of used IT systems
- Interact with customer to gather and define requirements from both a business and systems perspective by interpreting business needs and translating them to technical requirements and specifications to meet the need.
- Review and respond to documented issues related to a project (through a help ticket or other written documentation) and define requirements toaddress the issue.
- Implement components (e.g. program, specifications, order, build, etc.) for complex IT solutions for new business demands and maintenance of business.
- Trouble-shoot more complex applications, infrastructure problems or other IT problem that may have a significant impact on the business.
- Overall project success and specifically the success of their area of responsibility on the project in terms of meeting project technical specification requirements.
- Extent to which demonstrates technical expertise and innovative approaches to improve a process or technology by finding ways to do even better using current, up to-date, technology.
- Degree in computer science (or comparable education with several years of job experience)
- Readiness to take on responsibility, trustworthiness, flexibility
- Ability work in teams
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in creating reports using SSRS, developing software in .NET and T-SQL, supporting existing .NET-based applications
- Ideally having experience with GE Proficy, Allen-Bradley PLCs and Factory Talk
- MS Office Suite proficiency
- Manufacturing systems experience
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft and Outlook
- Formally trained and/or certification in technical areas (e.g. Oracle, Cisco, SAP, Microsoft, Microsoft SQL DB) more than just a one week type of certification (except for large suppliers)
- Strong technical knowledge and skills
- Familiarity with OPC, PI, PI-Admin, Factory Talk and RSLinx
- Familiarity with SSIS and SSRS