- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of project accounting concepts.
- Assists and supports in providing balance sheet and income statement financial information.
- Performs the month end sub-ledger close process.
- Overseas the team with their month end close procedures.
- Ensures SOX compliance and acts as liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures.
- Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes.
- Leads the training process for new and existing staff as needed.
- Works with the team to help establish goals and objectives for the year.
- Collaborates with internal and external customers providing superior customer service.
- Supports and leads all accounting functions related to project accounting and fixed assets.
- Participates in audit walk throughs
- Research and provide answers to customer inquiries.
- Ensuring the team is producing their accounting functions by designated completion dates.
- Responsible for the review of assigned balance sheet account reconciliations, P&L review activities, and project close out reconciliations, along with designated team members
- BS/BA degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of accounting work experience
- 2+ years working in a leadership capacity or strong senor role
- 2+ years of experience analyzing data
- Willing to relocate to Chicago Corporate Office in 2018
- Willing to travel up to 10%