Date: Nov 17, 2017
Location: Erie, PA, US, 16530
Job requisition: 8421Share this Job
Plans and leads medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity.
Candidates with below minimum qualifications may be considered for Project Manager I (D12).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, monitors and leads medium-to-large projects of moderate-to-high complexity from initiation through completion.
- Leads project team while ensuring right talent is assigned at the right time.
- Utilizes an intermediate understanding of the project lifecycle to prepare, analyze and maintain detailed project work plans and schedules using project-planning tools and ERIE guidelines.
- Applies project management best practices around scope, budget, schedule and change control.
- Monitors project health and recommends schedule changes, cost adjustments and resource allocations to ensure optimal project performance.
- Creates sound project forecasts.
- Builds and manages key stakeholder relationships to ensure alignment of critical objectives, gain key insights, and enable imperative buy-in.
- Monitors quality of project deliverables. Ensures completion of required quality reviews and obtains appropriate approvals for assigned projects.
- Prepares and maintains project logs to record risks and issues and monitor resolution of each issue.
- Coordinates the involvement of outside service providers required for assigned projects. Works with appropriate personnel to establish contractual terms and conditions.
- Defines, develops and provides information to drive the decision-making process and support business operations. Summarizes variance between plan and actual progress.
- Develops and delivers reports to key stakeholders summarizing objectives, deliverables, status and metrics.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas and ensures meeting minutes are prepared.
Ability To Learn And Follow Procedures
Ability to Manage Complexity
Developing And Maintaining Relationships
Information Management Skills
Planning And Organizing
Ability To Maintain Composure
Minimum Required Education Equivalents
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and five years of project management experience; or
- Associate's degree in business, finance, management information systems, project management, or related field and seven years related project management experience; or
- High school diploma or GED and nine years related project management experience.
Strong knowledge of project lifecycles including project management processes and change management concepts required. In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools required. Understanding of insurance industry preferred. Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, graphics and database software required.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Six-sigma green belt
- Related insurance certification