Commercial Staff Attorney
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and providing general legal support to business team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Drafts and negotiates commercial agreements, including sales and distribution agreements; manufacturing, purchasing and supply agreements; employment, consulting and professional services agreements; and confidentiality agreements.
* Provides legal advice and consults with business team with respect to business operations.
* Assists Chief Legal Officer with corporate governance matters.
* Performs a variety of related tasks, as directed by Chief Legal Officer.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Position requires a Juris Doctorate degree and member in good standing of the Utah State Bar.
* Position requires at least four years of professional experience in law firm or corporate counsel setting, or comparable experience.
* Must be able to work under strict time constraints and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to accomplish organizational objectives effectively.
* Demonstrated computer skills, preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
* Legal process
* Draft/negotiate commercial and employment agreements
*Experience with international labor and employment laws and regulations.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies.
The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.