Under the supervision of the company’s Vice President, Strategic Accounts, manages strategic accountsales activities by working closely with the RegionalSales Managers, Manufacturing Representatives and customers in the field. Position isresponsible for developing and increasing totalsales through execution of the strategic business plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for growing and managing sales to Strategic Accounts.
- Provides guidance to Representatives, RSM’s, Business Development Managers, and SA Tech Service Leads to ensure total sales effort.
- Works with Regional Sales Managers to manage local strategic account relationships and projects by resolving major sales and customer service issues.
- Works with each representative organization to establish the strategic account local expectations in sales and service.
- Assesses, determines, and communicates leads to multiple channels based on what is right for the customer and the Company.
- Direct and indirect responsibility for managing and developing sales activities for all Watts products and services to the assigned Strategic Accounts and provides pipeline and forecasting data to the Director of Strategic Accounts.
- In collaboration with VP of Sales HHWS, and SVP Sales Watts, establishes quotas and goals for each of the assigned strategic accounts.
- Ensures Representatives staff the territory adequately to provide both pre-sale and post-sale support to local strategic account customers.
- Enforces Watts policies to ensure that Representatives work in conjunction with other Representatives to maintain the highest profit margins while providing customer support.
- Gathers market and competitor information and forwards to Marketing and factory Sales groups.
- At same time, ensures that each Representative is updated on product compatibility, application, and competitiveness.
- Additionally, ensures that Representatives are updated with competitor’s information as it becomes available.
- Represents Company at professional societies to promote Company’s technology and product.
- Provides generic industry related presentations as required. Provides subject matter expertise, specification, and applications support to Strategic Accounts and their partners.
- Provide competitive positioning, strategic account contract and commission allocation support.
- Provides product and industry topics presentations as required in the field and in support of factory ‘Fly/Buys’.
- Provides training for new and current Sales Agencies on strategic account applications, value proposition, competitive threats and expectations.
- Supports Sales Team budget by using good financial sense in support of growth.
- Manages own expenses in accordance with the budget and team guidelines.
- Entertains sales agencies and customers in compliance with corporate guidelines.
- Participates on special inter-company projects and assignments.
- Prepares standard monthly salesreport showing current sales volume, potential pipeline and forecasted sales.
- Maintains current knowledge of all Company products. Maintains knowledge of plant’s processes, techniques, tools, materials, machines and equipment to support factory ‘Fly/Buys’.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in Engineeringpreferred
- 3+ years in a direct, strategic or key accounts sales role
- 5+ years total salesexperience
- Demonstrated experience in selling commercial HVAC and plumbing equipment, negotiating, and public presentation skills required.
- Requires extensive knowledge of commercial HVAC and plumbing systems and demonstrated ability to optimize complete mechanical and plumbing system design.
- Demonstrated experience in selling based on return on investment (ROI) and value, as opposed to first cost.
- Extensive knowledge of company products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills applicable to a sales oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires ability to travel (approx. 60%) within the market area to make contact with Manufacturing Representatives and clients.