Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the transition to a Cloud hosting solution
- Support the design, development, and sustainment of integrated IT solutions
- Support sustainment of an integrated system with UNIX and Windows Operating Systems, Oracle Database, and a variety of COTS supporting products such as BMC TrackIt! and Veritas backup solutions
- Analyze the project’s IT requirements and develops a long-term system strategy
- Establish strategy and approach to transform customer infrastructure and development environment to a Cloud based solution
- Drive requirements for the customer, integrating multiple cloud capabilities and scenarios supporting the service such as service availability, quality, outage management, subscription management, correlation of usage and charges, and cost efficient solution architecture
- Develop, implement, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the system
- Support the system’s security posture according to DOD directives including familiarization with STIGs, IAVAs, McAfee’s ePO server and Security Center.
- Support the installation and administration of commercial off the shelf (COTS) products in support of the mid-tier software solution
- Monitor existing systems to ensure integrity
- Participate in the development and installation of new hardware and software
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for issues
- Provide technical consultation to members of the Architecture Team
- Write custom scripts to increase efficiency and automate manual processes
- At least six (6) years of experience with system architecture design, development, implementation and sustainment
- Experience deploying solutions to Private Cloud (VMware, Hyper-V, Openstack) and Public Cloud (IaaS such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, VMware vCloud Air, and various PaaS and SaaS vendors)
- Network+ or Security+ certification is required.
- Cloud certification is a plus
- Secret Clearance is required.
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) in Solaris and/or MCSA is preferred
- BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
- ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: An AS or AA degree and an additional three (3) years of experience can be substituted for a BS or BS degree.