BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading specialty and home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients’ lives. With over 2,500employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of employee benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
We are seeking a General Manager to join our team.
Plans, manages and coordinates all branch operational activities as an efficient, cost effective and profitable business center. Maximizes top-line revenue growth by ensuring proper coordination of services between operations, clinical and field sales teams. Responsible for providing focus and direction to branch staff relative to the needs of the local marketplace and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Builds a high quality, service-oriented branch team through recruitment, training, succession planning and development of personnel.
- Oversees supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training and problem resolution. Assures staff training and competency.
- Develops a branch budget. Analyzes revenue, profit, and inventory budgets to monitor performance to budget. As requested by corporate finance, prepares budget requests and revisions as needed.
- Works with staff to continually develop and implement ideas for delivering high quality, cost-effective services.
- Directs, coordinates, and evaluates the branch and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages the daily financial activities of the branch including accounting, purchasing and business planning. Coordinates and implements financial reporting systems, financial controls, and management information systems.
- Implements record systems and processes for the operating unit.
- Guarantees compliance with local and federal regulations, accrediting body standards, and corporate policies and standards of performance.
- Oversees patient admissions directly or through a qualified individual with responsibility for policy implementation, patient satisfaction, and performance improvement.
- Oversees patient clinical services including product distribution and clinical monitoring per policy and procedures either directly or with assistance of qualified individual or management.
- Manages select administrative staff that supports various branch departments and functions.
- Provides hand-on support on an as-needed to the branch operations team.
- Evaluates and communicates regarding the appropriateness of patient referrals, ancillary supplies, and equipment selection, as well as other products and services selected for use by BioScrip.
- Manages compliance to the BioScrip drug, supplies and equipment formularies.
- Supports the branch reimbursement team for products and services in compliance with company policy and goals, to include accounts receivable, credits/collection functions, ensuring timely processing of billings, payments, and collection of revenue.
- Maintains current information as to trends and developments in business; presents recommendations when appropriate to the sales and marketing teams.
- Promotes a strong team atmosphere and level of cooperation between branch operations and sales team staff in order to achieve budgeted growth targets.
- Oversees staff allocation, inventory control, and other expenses according to performance standards and business needs.
- Represents the organization at various clinical or sales meetings; promotes existing and new programs.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree or MBA preferred. Minimum of five (5) years proven supervisory or management experience and at least five (5) years of experience directly related to theduties and responsibilities specified. Educational and experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary toperform the required duties.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Id: 4024