Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the implementation of solutions for complex business problems. The individual serves as a team leader to other Analysts who are responsible for supporting key operational functions and providing recommendations for improvement. This is the highest level in the Business Support Analyst career path.
We are currently seeking talented Business Support Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions with in-depth knowledge of specific areas/functions and related activities. Provides expertise in development of business goals and objectives to exploit all distribution channels, leverage use of data, and simplify processes.
- Serves as focal point for external agencies/service providers regarding daily operational activities or proposed strategic changes to the services being performed.
- Provides operational support on current processes and supports business operations and management in identifying opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
- Organizes and defines parameters of assigned projects. Assembles relevant data for said project(s). Validates information and interfaces with other departments to include presentations of documented findings, alternatives and recommended actions. May represent the business or staff agency as the subject matter expert on special projects and initiatives.
- Participates in the planning, research, analysis, development, and implementation of new and modifications to existing applications and processes to provide new or improved capabilities, products, and/or services.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of overall business functions.
- Broad system knowledge, stays current on all system enhancements, identifies training needs and implements plans.
- Assists with the documentation of new and revised departmental procedures.
- Gathers information, analyzes data and trends, identifies root causes, and develops work products.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Performs research, analysis, and resolution of account issues through the use of reports. Reviews, validates, and/or analyzes reports that function as a control to existing processes.
- Generates and/or develops regulatory and management reports. Develops and analyzes additional ad-hoc reports as needed by
- Management and or Regulatory Agencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline; or 4 additional years of experience in data management, data quality or business application function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of experience required.
- 7+ years of experience as an analyst or program/project or process experience.
- Must be well-versed in a wide variety of systems coordination, process/product review initiatives and the development of management information requirements for related business functions.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Previous experience working in an Agile project management environment
- Working knowledge of Marketing Operations and Analytics
- Experience establishing management routines and process design/mapping
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
May be shared with USAA employees only.
Detail- Oriented, enjoys collaborating in a team environment, can analyze issues and make decisions.
Demonstrates adaptability and embraces change, writes and speaks effectively and can influence others.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.