Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
Spectrum Reach currently seeks a Training Team Manager. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This hands-on position is responsible for the development and implementation of training solutions created for cross functional groups across the enterprise. The Training Team Manager will help identify the needs of the media sales organization, develop training strategies and work with the Senior Director of Sales and Product Training to create solutions to meet those needs. Project management and execution, measurement and reporting are essential. This position requires working collaboratively with team members, market level Sales Leadership, and cross functional stakeholders to develop enterprise-wide training courses that align with Spectrum Reach goals and objectives. To be successful, this individual must partner consistently with the Senior Manager of Learning Design, a team of media trainers in several locations, and stakeholders across the company. Attention to detail while managing multiple projects is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop and implement training solutions that are on-target, on-budget and on-time.
· Help manage training vendors; including content quality, timelines and budget.
· Prepare project reports and communicate progress to department and Regional/ leadership.
· Conduct data collection and assessments to determine Spectrum Reach needs.
· Maintain and grow knowledge of the training industry including new methodologies for behavior transfer and reinforcement.
. Deliver training sessions when needed; act as a resource in delivery of virtual training sessions and talent for on demand assets that are videotaped or recorded.
· Act as a prime interface between Spectrum Reach Learning and the enterprise, while developing and conducting training.
· Work with the entire Spectrum Reach Learning team to develop training strategies, courses and implementation plans.
. Coach and then manage the development opportunities for Media Sales Trainers.
. Maintain a deep knowledge of existing and new curriculum; this may include facilitating courses to gain knowledge or securing third party credentials.
· Ensure quality checks are performed on all Learning Team deliverables.
· Proven competency in instructional design with expertise in the development of blended learning.
· Strong project management skills applied in a business/corporate environment; experience in managing multiple design projects simultaneously.
· Ability to lead a remote team of media sales trainers, including gathering all resources, overseeing content development and managing timelines and budget. Ability to build and sustain relationships with key decision makers in Sales; Operations; Product; Marketing: Finance; Solutions.
· Minimum five years’ experience in a business/corporate setting leading people or managing a learning team.
· Experience in all phases of the instructional design process, including leadership development, facilitation, and coaching techniques.
· Ability to solve problems and think strategically while managing various projects.
· Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with individuals as well as with audiences that vary in size and title.
Master’s degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology preferred.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university is preferred; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Travel as needed to manage remote trainers, facilitate, and collaborate on projects.