Wyndham Vacation Ownership is currently seeking an Accounting Managerin Redmond, Washington.
This position will manage all accounting, budgeting and forecasting activities associated with WorldMark, the Club, Wyndham Resort Development Management and/or any other entity as assigned under the Wyndham Vacation Ownership umbrella. He/she will ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial statements in conformity with GAAP.
This includes but is not limited to the following: managing accountants and analysts; training and developing individual skills; reviewing monthly general ledger close activities: reviewing and assisting in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements, budgets & forecasts, variance explanations, account reconciliations and various analysis as required. The Accounting Manager will submit key information/results to management in a timely manner and recommend actions to be taken that will result in adherence to budget. This position works collaboratively with Management and the accounting staff in Club Accounting to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage direct reports and perform supervisory functions as required. This includes but is not limited to regular performance reviews and updates, employee development, hiring, training and disciplinary actions.
- Facilitate the monthly general ledger close process to stay within the timelines. Prepare, Review, Supervise preparation of monthly financial statements, reconciliations and forecasts that assist the Clubs Operational partners and boards to manage day to day decision making.
- Work directly with operational leaders as it relates to forecasting and P&L reviews. Identify accounting and internal control issues within the assigned business units directly and indirectly related to their forecast, develop action plans for resolution, communicate findings and assist in the action plans for resolution. Participate in operations and planning meetings as requested or assigned. Act as liaison between the Accounting team and operations management.
- Ad Hoc Reporting and Analysis required by management.
- Process Improvement – Develop process flows, identify process constraints and implement improvements to the Department.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance from Accredited College or University.
- Minimum 5+ years finance or accounting experience, 3 yrs management experience.
- Advanced understanding of GAAP accounting.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft products, excellent in Excel.
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Excellent professional communication skills, good organization skills, ability to multi-task & coordinate multiple projects.
- Deadline conscious with strong drive, initiative and the ability to work well in time-sensitive situations.
- Excellent strategic, analytical and creative thinking aptitude in both an independent and team environment.
- Working knowledge of financial and statistical analysis.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently, be well organized, perform under stressful situations and communicative effectively.
- PeopleSoft, Monarch, Brio, and/or Business Objects experiencepreferred.
- CPA or MBA desirable, but not required.